Trumpeter SBD-2 Midway Survivor, Call her done!

dora9

Thanks Dennis, much appreciated!

I think that it's everybody's goal to reproduce an aircraft as real as possible and I think that I am fairly close to it. There's a lot of "first" on that one, hair spray, masks, MV lenses and I think that by leaving your comfort zone, you have to be more focused on what you have to do. So now landing gears, bombs, canopy, antenna wire and she'll be finished!

I'll try a B&W picture just for the fun of it!

Cheers

Edited by dora9

Thanks Tom,

I must say it's a bit unnerving at first, using the masks for the first time, but the result speak for itself! I'll try a B&W picture just to see how she will stand!

Cheers

Edited by dora9

That is just brilliant. There is no way that I can do that, not having an airbrush.

An airbrush is a must, if I may say so, to achive nice and smooth painted surface. You can work with much thinner layers of paint so you're not hiding all the surface details.

That's why I went with the masks for the rondels so as not to hide the details and have it conform to all those "letter box" slots!

Cheers

Yeah! They're all in there! :yahoo:

3FFnEfHh.jpg

Nww887lh.jpg

Had to file them a bit to have them fit in there and make sure that they where not too wide for the fuse. Added the steel cable, that they used to lift the aircraft with, in the forward cockpit.

Stay tuned!

Edited by dora9

Thanks Mark

It's almost done! For the weathering, I'll keep it like that, no wash in panel lines just the removable panels will get the treatment. Maybe a bit more wear on the walkways though.