Trumpeter's SBD-1 UPDATE: 2/18/18: THE GEAR: DONE

Guest Peterpools

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peterpools

Hi Andre

Sorry for being AWOL but I've been so engrossed in home life and we're starting a full restoration of the house.

I was pulling 100% for the Pats to loose and couldn't have been happier.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Andy

Finally some bench time as we have been starting out home renovation and most of my free time, I've been devoting to photography and being outside for some fresh air.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE; 2/18/18: THE GEAR – DONE.

It's been a few weeks since my last update and in fact, I've been a busy camper with our home renovation starting to kick into gear and spending my limited free time outdoors doing photography. I've been pooped at night and find myself dozing off at the computer and finding myself AWOL from the forum; it's time to start catching up. Slowly making some progressing on the SBD, as I've finally finished all the body work except for a few panel lines and rivets, which I hope to do over the next few nights. and finished the gear; including her Nikes.

The Gear

While the gear is rather simple and pretty plain Jayne looking, quite a bit of time was needed to bring out the best in the assembly. A lot f TLC was devoted to her legs and Nikes. After carefully removing all the molding seems and imperfections, the gear was primed with MRP Super Gloss Black for the base. The the Oleos were air brushed with Alclad Chrome and when dry, masked with untacked Tamiya Tape – as nothing else would stick. The gear needed to be basically aluminum and I desperately need some contrast, so the her legs were finished with AK Dark Aluminum and the whole deal sealed with MRP Clear Gloss. All the details were picked out on the legs and wheels with Tamiya Black Panel Line Wash and then sealed once more with MRP Clear Gloss once more. The brake lines were painted with Tamiya semi gloss black and blended in quite nicely. The rubber tires (yikes – can't believe I have to use them) were scuffed up as much as I dared and popped onto the wheels.

Next Up:

Finish the scribing and rivet work, add the glass and get ready for the primer!

Thanks for checking in

Peter

JsBytw.jpg

9OwymJ.jpg

ldOSRw.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Andre, much appreciated. I need to get into gear as the contest is less then six weeks away. I'll be looking for your SBD build to catch up, as I know you crossed the line and I need inspiration admiring your work

Peter