Trumpeter's SBD-1 UPDATE: 2/18/18: THE GEAR: DONE

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Gaz

I'm a big fan of tamiya Panel Line Washes and so far all the panel lines and details, including the bolt heads were 'popped' with the panel line wash

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Guy

Just the way I like 'em. neat and pretty clean.

Back in the day when I owned my own plane, I spent almost as much time washing, waxing and cleaning as flying - I guess it's just in the genes.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brian

Just enjoying the journey and for the first time in a long time, I've been looking forward to bench time and making steady progress.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Matt

I've been surprised myself at the detail and fit of the kit. Sure hope I'm not jinxing anything.

The MG was first primed with MRP Gloss Black and them the finished color was Alclad Jet Exhaust. Since the update, I went back and repainted the ammo tray on the MG AK Dark aluminum for a bit more interest.

I've been taking a bit of poetic license with some of the colors to add extra interest as IPMS Box Stock rules won';t allow any AM of any kind except decals, drilling out the MG and cleaning up parts.

Peter

Beautifully done so far Peter! Not being able to add the ignition wires would drive me absolutely nuts starting with an uncontrollable eye twitch and progressing from there..........

I understand the OOB rules but............nahahaayrrgggggg, and general knashing of teeth.

You're in the zone by the look of it so keep 'er comin' bro!

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Matt

I've been surprised myself at the detail and fit of the kit. Sure hope I'm not jinxing anything.

The MG was first primed with MRP Gloss Black and them the finished color was Alclad Jet Exhaust. Since the update, I went back and repainted the ammo tray on the MG AK Dark aluminum for a bit more interest.

I've been taking a bit of poetic license with some of the colors to add extra interest as IPMS Box Stock rules won';t allow any AM of any kind except decals, drilling out the MG and cleaning up parts.

Peter

You are right...I think this kit got a bad rep by a couple people who built these while being grumpy. Trumpeter kits for the most part fall together, if you do a little pre-fitting and sanding, you can get fillerless joints. I think the Dauntless is one of the better kits in their lineup, with only the wing to fuselage joint that needs a little work.

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Much appreciated and I do agree but having made the decision as to a specific contest category, I just have to yield to the contest rules and keep plugging away

Peter