Note to Eduard: Want to print money?

Collin

Guest Peterpools

I've discussed this topic with my brother for ions. I bit the bullet a number of years ago, have the Trumpeter F6F-3 Hellcat, the Avionix Cockpit set and some AM; all untouched and packed away in the stash. The kit has more then it's shortcomings but as the years slip by, time is running out ( we're going to 70 this Novemeber) for a state of the art, up to date and accurate kit. When the erg strikes to build a Hellcat for the collection, Trumpeter's offering will have to do. Sad but true :crying:

Peter

Closer to 50 than 40!

Haven't you heard ? ...50 is the new 40.

OK, I gotta ask on behalf of we the uninformed, what' wrong with

the Hasegawa cowl ?...or any thing else ? I have one but have

never looked at it that closely. :shrug:

Mike,

We already have two excellent Tamiya Corsairs. The -1D wasn't a principle player in WW11. The F6F-3/5 was the USN primary fighters once it replaced the F4Fs to a great degree. We have two not up to current standard offerings, and just about everyone who has an interest in WW11 PTO would love a Tamiya quality offering. I'm personally good for 4. That is if John B doesn't buy them all 1st 

Joel

Because Grumman didn't built F4Us :)

Sorry, just my sense of humour saying "I prefer the F4U to the F6F" :)

Eduard is on record for having no interest in doing any new tool 1/32 stuff, so don't hold your breath.

No breath being held. Just wondering why they're making 1/32 AIM-4G missiles when there's no kit of the F-106 to put them on! Not exactly a clever business model.

Trumpy 1/32 MiGs will keep me happy, and I do have a couple of Eduard 1/48 Fishbeds - latter are very nice models and I would recommend them. Just a shame they're not 1/32.

As for Wildcat/Martlet and Hellcat, most agree these are prospective future editions from Tamiya.

Tony

The Trumpeter Wildcat ain't bad, actually.

Ernie,

I recently built the kit, and did a full build blog.  The kit does have its issues. But they corrected the fuselage issues, so the finished model does indeed look like a Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat.

Joel

RxbLyn.jpg

Edited by Joel_W

Bill,

This is one of two reasons for my taking so long to make the move to 1/32 scale from 1/48 scale. Right now I'm slowly collecting all the Tamiya WW11 kits that I'm interested in which aren't cheap by any means. I've only bought the ZM A-1J so far, as they continue to get mixed reviews.

Joel

Hasegawa is your friend. Their modern WWII kits are the bomb.

Given their vast pool of data, I'm seriously hoping Eduard will get around to "scaling up" its MiG-21PF Fishbed D and following it up with other marks.

Tony

One of thee Eduard guys told me in a YouTube comment that a move to 1/32 is not in the works for them.

One of thee Eduard guys told me in a YouTube comment that a move to 1/32 is not in the works for them.

Yes, we've established this. However, to reiterate, as their business model includes releasing 1/32 AIM-4G Falcon missiles for which there exists no kit (other than an obscure vacform) to put them on, a little gentle persuasion towards what might actually sell would not go amiss!

I hope Kittyhawk or other firm with their head screwed on beat them to it.

Tony

Yes, we've established this. However, to reiterate, as their business model includes releasing 1/32 AIM-4G Falcon missiles for which there exists no kit (other than an obscure vacform) to put them on, a little gentle persuasion towards what might actually sell would not go amiss!

I hope Kittyhawk or other firm with their head screwed on beat them to it.

Tony

Kittyhawk?

Hmm.....