1/32 Me 262 A-1a/U4 Kanonenvogel Conversion

alaninaustria

Another short update from the bench... have laid down the Alclad II Aluminium (various) metalizers and started adding some RLM 02 primer and RLM 23 red serial stencils ala James Hatch ;)

I can't remember the last time I had my airbrush in my hand - seems like so long ago!! Was nice to finally be able to sit at the spraybooth and shoot some colors down!!

IMG_5369_zpslhifi4gu.jpg

IMG_5370_zps5fj0zw30.jpg

IMG_5368_zpsvsq7hmvi.jpg

Thanks for the support, interest and encouragement gentlemen! I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel now!!

Cheers and happy modelling

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

Hello Troy! Thanks for the words of encouragement!! Another short update: finished off the electrical wiring looms and harnesses - while waiting for paint to dry on my Skyraider!

I decided to do it in modular sections together with the cockpit tub and fuselage!

IMG_5390_zpsg4k1vib6.jpg

In situ...

IMG_5391_zpsyigcynsw.jpg

Hope you guys are enjoying the updates! Next up - mating the fuselage with the wings!!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

Awesome work Alan, what are you using for the yellow wiring on this one.

Regards. Andy

Thanks Andy! This time I decided to go with fine solder painted yellow rather than use stretched sprue (like I did last time). I found it easier to manipulate! Happy modelling!

Cheers

Alan

• 8 months later...

Thanks Andy! This time I decided to go with fine solder painted yellow rather than use stretched sprue (like I did last time). I found it easier to manipulate! Happy modelling!

Cheers

Alan

Alan,

Did this one ever get finished!    Inquiring minds what to know!     Ive got this kit, and the original  Schatton Modellbau conversion w/the lovely brass MK 214A as well.

Hi Brian, 

believe it or not - 2018 for me is the "year of clear" - that means that ALL started builds are lined up like ducks on my bench and are being worked on one at a time... right now this build is about number 4 in the order and WILL get tackled soon!

I really want to finish this puppy soon too!!

Standby ladies & gentlemen!

Cheers

Alan

Hi Brian, 

believe it or not - 2018 for me is the "year of clear" - that means that ALL started builds are lined up like ducks on my bench and are being worked on one at a time... right now this build is about number 4 in the order and WILL get tackled soon!

I really want to finish this puppy soon too!!

Standby ladies & gentlemen!

Cheers

Alan

Neat!   Will be waiting in anticipation 

Well, as promised this ‘duck’s time has come’, there has been some major advancement on this build - unfortunately I don’t have any photos to share at the current moment but, I will endeavor to take some today!!

She will be finished up as V 083 (WNr. 170083) - I am leaning towards a post 

capture by the Air Dissarmament Squadron (ADS), otherwise known as the Feudin 54th ADS in Lechfeld, Bavaria. 

More details and photos to follow!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria