Resin2Detail Cavalier Turbo Mustang - mini group build?

seiran01

Brian's also a member here, and will probably post the details in the Vendors Board when the set is officially available.

In the meantime, a review of the set by one of you early adopters would be great!

Kev

I was clear on the opposite end of Virginia - as far as you can get from DC (6.5 hours). Spittin' distance from WV, NC, KY, and TN. None of which I am going to miss in the slightest.

Haha, I know how you feel!

Kev, unless you've arranged a review sample for someone on the team I'll be happy to review my set

At the risk of being drummed out, have you considered this in 1/48? I'm 100% unlikely to chop up a 1/32 Tamiya kit to do this, but I'd surely do it in 1/48.

Heritage makes one in 1/48, resin w white metal. I did one about a decade ago, quite nice also but not as nice as this one looks to be

At the risk of being drummed out, have you considered this in 1/48?  I'm 100% unlikely to chop up a 1/32 Tamiya kit to do this, but I'd surely do it in 1/48.

Perhaps it could be adapted for the upcoming Revell kit? Would make for a much better value proposition, without having to resort to wrangling any of the lesser P-51 kits out there.

Kev

This conversion looks great. A very interesting varient. I look forward to using the New Revell Mustang kit. I have used a few expensive donor kits in my past but I will have a hard time using the Tamyia kit. Especially chopping off the beautiful engine.

It would be great if the conversion nose were hollow else it is Dremel time. A set of brass landing gear will be on my list. I will keep an eye out for pre-order time.

Rick

Perhaps it could be adapted for the upcoming Revell kit? Would make for a much better value proposition, without having to resort to wrangling any of the lesser P-51 kits out there.

Kev

I have a Hasegawa kit with all the major flaws corrected sitting in a box. Lost interest.... That could be the first stop.

Rick

If you have the old hasegawa sitting around, im sure R2D and folks here would appreciate knowing how well it fits, Rick :-)

Logic with the extra Merlin that I know have is to make a nice display piece to sit next to my tamiya mossie eventually, and speed up my build by closing the cowls!

Is there any hope in eventually seeing a Piper Enforcer conversion set too? I'd love to see one in either 1/48 or 1/32 or better yet both scales. I've already done a 1/48 Heritage conversion so I'd be interested in doing another in 1/32 scale too. I'd really love to see an enforcer in 1/32 and not some 1/48 vacuform conversion that needs an entire interior scratch built.

I'll probably be looking into pre-ordering one of these sets.

Cheers,

Brady

I like that conversion very much, count me in anyhow.

And talking about Piper Enforcer, that would be a winner too i feel, this is how i tried to scratch the Enforcer yeaaaars ago, by using the old Tomy/Swallow/Doyusha 32nd scale Mustang kit, and it was fun, but ofcourse not fully correct as to the actual aircraft:

DSCN0128_zpssznzqibl.jpg