1/35 Chinook Trumpeter

Jarda_Hajecek

Dear LSP Team I am pleased to present another LSP build finished in December 2016. This is the Trumpeter 1/35 Chinook. It was a build for a colleague of mine that wanted one for his dad for Christmas. The model was delivered literally with the paint still drying and weathering oils still fresh (I guess that is the norm when building to a schedule).

The model is built straight from the box with using my own masks for markings and kit decals for stencils as the customer wanted the older RAF green/gray over black scheme.

Build was pretty straight forward. The model fits well, however I do strongly recommend to anyone building the model to join front and rear fuselage sections first and then glue the fuselage halves as a whole as it eliminates troublesome filling and sanding. The interior is decent but devoid of the troop seats and the ramp area is bare so for those of you wanting to superdetail the ramp you can go to town. Last place to watch for is the bottom fuselage as it tends to cave in. (Not a big deal if you will affix the model to a base and never turn it around however it is annoying).

Colors used: Vallejo Model Color, Vallejo Model Air, Vallejo Metal, Future.

Weathering: wash made with own mix of artist oil paints

Tools: Tagore 0.25mm and Harder&Steenbeck Evolution 0.15mm nozzle.

IMG_2338_zps1gbkzjzn.jpg

IMG_2341_zps2cxlslen.jpg

IMG_2346_zpsihdlboil.jpg

IMG_2326_zpszomyvyma.jpg

IMG_2352_zpscalgbgqq.jpg

IMG_2355_zps73ulfe3y.jpg

Thank you guys for the kind comments. The kit is big especially with the rotors fitted. Another downside at least in my kit were the metal udercarriage legs. Mine were very brittle and shattered to pieces when manipulated. I contribute that to a bad casting batch as a friend of mine did not have any issues.

• 2 weeks later...