Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

8 minutes ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Really like what you're doing here, Kevin. Can't wait to see the finished product! Makes me want to do a Japanese bird.

Cheers,

D.B.

I'm really having fun with this kit, Damian. So much in fact, that I'm seriously considering chasing down the Hasegawa Ki-44 now, or dragging out my Ki-84 (not until this one is finished though).

Kevin,

your work on your George is really impressing me - great start and very interesting progress.

Started mine some 3 years before, painted the entire model - and was not satisfied with the result.

So, after a few weeks I stripped off all the painting - and lost the interest in this kit.

NOW, following your paintwork I´m about to start painting my George for a second try!

I´m curious about the following steps on your George!

Cheers

Reimund

I discovered quite by accident that the seam on the centerline (to port of the viewing window), isn't supposed to be there, so I've treated it to some surfacer. The panel to starboard is supposed to be there though, so I've re-scribed it and the cross ways seam as well.

E51B2o.jpg

Taking no chances with the antenna mast on the tail being busted off (Hasegawa doesn't provide one), I've chopped a small opening in the tail for the aluminum post to be glued solidly into. As soon as I can find my tin snips, I'll be fabricating the mast itself from a soda can lid.

sIBPyt.jpg