Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

While the roll protection gizmo looked OK to me, I still thought it was too dark, so I stripped it and repainted with an acrylic base coat again. This time around, wood grain color will be much less intense.

M2g4Cu.jpg

Looks good K2. I actually like the darker looking (current color) green color myself.

I think that technically it needs to be a bit more on the blue side, so this month I grabbed a 23ml bottle of Tamiya blue to add to the mix, in a somewhat random pattern. I guess we'll see how that turns out, but I really have high hopes.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I'm back on this model, one thing that I'm still undecided about, is the use (or not) of the kill marks for 343-15. While I do have one or two shots of this particular machine, they do not show these kill marks (which would never be on both sides of the aircraft in any case, not under normal circumstances). Montex includes the kill markings as decals, so I'm very tempted to use them, regardless, as they do add a certain amount of character to the aircraft, and it was not all that unusual for some Japanese aircraft to depict kill marks of some sort.

1 hour ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

Here's a shot of the Montex stuff. I'm leaning strongly towards using the kill markings now, if for no other reason than the increased visual appeal. What say you fellas?

Visual appeal = coolness factor = must have = GO FOR IT !!