jack's JACK is Done...what color is that spinner?

marauderdriver

Good stuff.  Good show.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark

Could you draw the tail markings in a size large enough to do easily, and then reduce its size on a copier, and then print onto decal film?

Thank Lee

Come on, Jack - you HAVE to find a way!

Thanks for the shot of the decals Bill

Something you might want to try for the tail lettering is to see if you can get enough letters from airframe stencils. Had to do this a long time ago to get the pilots name on a build. Was crosseyed by the time i was done but i did get the pilots name on the aircraft.

Don

Thanks Don

Also the letters and number around decal sheets (made in, printed by whoever, etc) is usually decal themselves. I've cut them up a few times to make serial numbers.

Thanks Brad

Nice progress!

I second the others regarding the tail markings.

It is worth a second try and you will be amazed by yourself. ;)

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks Peter

This is why I LOVE THIS SITE!!...It 's the encouragement that you all share to help push to think out side the box.

Thank You All and you to Harv and others with your likes.

I was at work ..Yes the museum is open with exception of some small area's.... when I read these post and started the grey matter churning.

I know my idea is ancient in this day and age, but I'm kinda a dinosaur.

Thinking of what I had tried to do by hand and realizing that the work laptop has WORD....which I have made 2 sighs for the shop....

With some experimenting and Bill's Decal pic this is what I came up with....I can now make some adjustments while I wait fir the decal paper I ordered

WHATA THINK?2VWYIed.jpg2VWYIed.jpg

By god, I think you have got it! ( in my best Sherlock Holmes voice).....Harv

Thank You my dear Dr. Watson.....jack

Jack, looking awesome mate. I think you've nailed it with the decals (and I also agree with your comments about what a great site this is).

Cheers

Jim

Thanks Jim...did make some adjustments in sizes....jack

That's awesome, Jack! I wouldn't mind having a set of those myself.

Thanks Bill, I made adjustment on the J2M3-3008 and add the STEP - NO STEP in the italic font as on your decal sheet

I will post some pics when I get home.....jack

That's awesome, Jack! I wouldn't mind having a set of those myself.

Once I figured out the size and fonts on the lettering and put them on paper

I see that I can make 6 sets of the tail lettering and the STEP- NO STEP

on a half sheet of decal paper.

As Bill_S mentioned he would like a set, there will be 4 sets available.

If you are interested in a set PM your address and I can send it. They will be pieces where I cut them off the main sheet

Outside the US, I'll see what postage will be, It can't be TOO MUCH to send a letter CAN IT?

I'll post pic of the adjusted sizes when I get home.

The S and the 2 are as close as I can get.

This offer valid as long as these decals work out...I'll put them on mine and PRAY!!

Cheers

jack

Edited by marauderdriver

Looks like you solved the lettering issue, that's great. Also very smart printing a few sets. If my experience with self-printed decals taught me anything...make sure you have spares. S*#* happens.

And as for your metal finish! What an excellent job. Just the right amount of wash, brings out the detail and looks convincing.

Looking awesome Jack!

Thank You Sir....It's folks like you that push me to keep thinking...jack

I'll be keep my fingers crossed for you

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis....I need all the help I can get..jack

Looks like you solved the lettering issue, that's great. Also very smart printing a few sets. If my experience with self-printed decals taught me anything...make sure you have spares. S*#* happens.

And as for your metal finish! What an excellent job. Just the right amount of wash, brings out the detail and looks convincing.

Thank You Sir,....Hope they will print on the decal paper as well as they have on paper, and yes "EXTRA" always if possible.

My model club was floored when they found out I wasn't foiling this brute, but with it being paint stripped

the finish looks like silver paint to start with. This kit with its engraved panel lines and rivets was a perfect

pallet for this finish......jack