jack's JACK is Done...what color is that spinner?

marauderdriver

Laser Printer, They do suggest a light coat of Microscale Liguid Decal Film. and then a heaver coat.   I'm goint to experiment with out and with Future.

Will post some pics when I get that far. I should be able to print the decals tomorrow or Monday.  Fingers crossed!!

wWwSme0.jpgAY0aDQX.jpgNeed your opinion on the color of the propeller hub cover...

Unless you have a color picture, please LOOK at the photo

and tell me what color YOU think it is.

In my view it's Blue.....when compared to the rudder colors.......Just sayin' 

Let me know if you have definitive proof,,,ThanksxLaTTsS.jpg

Edited by marauderdriver

Looking at the rudder and stars and bars, I'd go with blue too. Got nothin' proof wise.

Jim

Thanks Jim,  Except for other builders models, staring at BW photos til my eye's hurt ...all 7 of them......I still think it's blue too!

Check out BillS  link ....jack

To me, the spinner looks too light to match the blue on the tail.

Take a look at this decal set. I wonder where they got their intel.

http://maxmodels.squarespace.com/dying-sun-part-2-148/

Thanks Bill,  The link is great, and never thought the anti-glare would be OD. or the tip would be red in front, yellow on back?

Well the prop will be an interesting looking item when finished. I'll keep in line with what I see in you link, should be COOL

:m0152:  :party0023:  :punk:  :yahoo:  :punk:  :yahoo:  :thumbsup:  :speak_cool:  :wub:  :beer4:  :beer:  :beer4:  :beer:  :bow:  :bow: 

Thanks Bill

I'd go with blue also...

Little details to note :

The left side of the rudder markings you showed is correct,

but on the right side, mind that J2M3 is on the rudder and 3008 is on the fin.

There is field repair also on both sides of the fin, and these appear as

light patches on the darker section of the leading edge, right next to the 

number 2 on the right side view. On the left it is a small patch in front of the S.

I have the Famous Aircraft of the World #61 which has 14 pictures of that aircraft,

including 2 in its Japanese markings  showing the damage.

Great job on that kit which always was a much sought item, and frankly still is holding its own today!

John & Alain......Thanks Guy's, makes me fell better about my eyes, but I went with red.  All things I have found

from kits to decal sheets come up red. Bill posted a link to a nice set of decal..This is my version so far2zuMeKv.jpgWL82NDR.jpgL945aPG.jpgnRnMY4d.jpgovVLSPa.jpg0lw1zBM.jpg

Niiiiiiiiiiicccce!

:m0152:

Thank You Sir....But I'm lazy and didn't do the job  your doing on the Hellcat........jack

Really like the colors, red spinner looks "right".

Don

Thanks Don...She is a little colorful ...and the red nose matches the red prop tips...I think that is what finally sealed it for me....jack

It looks fantastic, Jack!

Thank You for the details of the decal sheet....that clinched it for me,,,,I'll do the letter decals when I go back to work on Wed and hope to apply on Thursday.....jack

Good show, Bro!  Looks good.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank You Mark,  I has been fun and since I have sold off most of my "modern" 32nd ....These will be more of what I build.....except I really need to finish my Bronco-D...jack