1/32 Revell Focke Wulf Fw190 F-8 White 48........FINISHED.

monthebiff

Hi

Hi Andy,

I have published several photos of this aircraft in my 'Captured Eagles Vol.1' book and meanwhile was lucky enough to find a color slide that shows 'White 48' at Lippstadt. I have studied the colors and partially they are slightly different than what I described in Volume 1 (where I based the color interpretation solely on b/w photos). The photo will be published in my 'Captured Eagles Vol.2'.

This was a refurbished plane. Underneath the serial number on the tail a former serial number can be seen shining through.

Cheers,

Roger

Hi Roger,

Your "Captured Eagles Vol.1" is a great book and this is where I took the inspiration from to build this particular aircraft. Looking very much to Vol.2, have you any idea when this will be published?

Regards. Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your kind comments. It will still take a while to complete. I have been working on it constantly, but only made slow progress due to other commitments. But I have already a few completed and well researched articles about Do 335, KG(J) 55 Bf 109, Erg.KG(J), Ju 88 G-7, etc..

Regards,

Roger

No going back now as I've opened up the tail wheel access panel and gun access panel before I changed my mind again.

20170308-200310.jpg

and also made a start on adding the Eduard wheel bay detail

20170308-204735.jpg

Much happier with the look of the bulkhead/ wing spar and ready to fix to the lower wing, adding the rest of the wheel well set looks like it should be pretty awkward but will definitely an improvement.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Managed to get the lower wing assembly completed today including adding the rest of the etch to the wheel wells which is a definite improvement over the basic kit parts.

20170309-185204.jpg

And a quick test fit to the fuselage and the bulkhead fits really nicely.

20170309-185309.jpg

Next job is to detail tail wheel and access panel which I opened up. Starting with the quickboost set for the tail wheel I hollowed out the upper part of the dust cover and then added plastic card over this to represent the metal work.

20170309-214841.jpg

20170309-220108.jpg

Will take a bit of work but should be worthwhile. As ever , thanks for looking in and comments/ criticism are always welcome.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Guest Peterpools

Andy

great to see the 190 back on the bench and under you critical eye. Super work on the spar and the tail wheel access panel

Keep em coming

Peter

Andy

great to see the 190 back on the bench and under you critical eye. Super work on the spar and the tail wheel access panel

Keep em coming

Peter

Thank you Peter, I lost my mojo on this one a bit around Christmas time but really back in to this build now and enjoying every moment.

Regards. Andy

I have this kit in my stash (213th from the top) and want to build it. I look forward to following this build. Unfortunately, your level of detail thus far is not only beyond my ability to execute but is far beyond my ability to even visualize the detail needed.

Great work!

Very kind words amurray, I did have to shelv it for a little while as I lost my way looking at the detail but now fully back in to it,  looking at your Hunter build though I think you could easily pull this one off.

Regards. Andy

Good day of progress today and finished working on the tail wheel unit and access panel area. The Quickboost set is a good starting point but if I was not opening up the access panel I would definitely have stuck with the kit parts.

20170311-170129.jpg

20170311-170400-1.jpg

Slowly working my way through each area that is being opened up, Hope you like and next up is the wing gun bay which I am opening up.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

After test fitting all of the Eduard resin on this build and finding everything fits like a glove it was time to move on to the Aires wing gun bay set of which I am only using one of. Needless to say it was an absolute nightmare getting it to fit and everything close up.

20170315-205444.jpg

20170315-205854.jpg

20170315-205346.jpg

A fair amount of cutting/ chopping and thinning required to get everything to close up, hope all goes together properly further down the road but all seems good at the moment. Think that's all of the panels opened up so I can get on with some painting now.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff