Eduards news!!!

Fenous

Guest Peterpools

At the start I was in to buy the Jug but over the past few months, the cost issue stated to rub me the wrong way and I'm bowing out.

Peter

At the start I was in to buy the Jug but over the past few months, the cost issue stated to rub me the wrong way and I'm bowing out.

Peter

Same here Peter.

In the end, I went with their Rise of the Bubbletops release instead. It was considerably more reasonable in its pricing and I found the artwork more appealing.

Yes, the kits are in the wrong scale but that's what I have two boys for :P

Carl

Yeah I love the jug and I like the Hasegawa kit but the price is too high on this one. I have one in the stash and one on the shelf and my next jigs will likely be a razorback and an N.

If the priced $100 to $120 I might have been in. Not wowed by decal options either.

Zach

"Sold Out".

Price too low at only £80?

Not actually 'Sold Out' more a case of not in stock yet. (but expected within the next week).

The 'Suggested Retail Price' in the UK (from one of the 2 official UK Distributors at least) is £87.99 which equates to somewhere around $110 US. Of course that doesn't take into account any shipping and import taxes into the US etc so $140 US might not be over the top compared to the suggested UK price.

Dean, let me know how much more you want to pay and I'll happily oblige (just kidding!)  :innocent: .

Duncan B

IIRC, Eduard has an agreement with their retailers/distributors to not sell anything on their website for less than what the retailer/distributor sells it for in their country. That is why you see quite different pricing for different countries. I highly doubt it costs an extra $30 per kit to bring these model kits into the US. More likely greedy retailer/distributors marking up the price.

IIRC, Eduard has an agreement with their retailers/distributors to not sell anything on their website for less than what the retailer/distributor sells it for in their country. That is why you see quite different pricing for different countries. I highly doubt it costs an extra $30 per kit to bring these model kits into the US. More likely greedy retailer/distributors marking up the price.

Doug, I would agree with your assumption about greed accounting for the high pricing.

Duncan B

Too rich for my wallet so I'll have to pass unfortunately. I had planned to buy this kit but when I saw the price I was VERY disappointed. I'll just hold on to my Hasegawa one and let it go at that (unless I can eventually find a Eduard release for under $100.00).

Totally agree Harv....

My 54 years of sniffing Testors glue has taught me that if you need $75. of resin & PE,then the

Hasegawa kit must be a piece of krap. So I'll put it on my $10....1973 Revell P-47 to dress it up!.

Truth is I hate resin & pe and do not used it except in a conversion or Fisher kit.

I'll just learn to live with my old Revell and Trumpter 47's and add my own stuff if I want

I think if enough folk

wants a kit like this then I hope Eduard is successful and continues on,

but I also hope see basic kits at a price most can afford. Revell F-4 Phantom series for example.

Basic kit .......TONS of AM and decals available ......We have the Technology( GT Resins).

​I will buy a Revell kit most everytime ....but see, I don't sweat the shape issues......It Damn sure 

looks more like a Phantom II then a  Mustang ! 

This is why I love this hobby...Build what and how you want too!

Also what I love about this sight ....We support the other builders

and don't judge unless......Positive & Constructive feedback is what

we will receive.

Good Job Guys.........

jack