1/32 Hasegawa P-47D30 Thunderbolt FINISHED....

Tolga ULGUR

Next step is the engine.

In the beginning, I was planning to use Quickboost resin engine.

But now I have decided to continue with a hybrid solution:

Hasegawa s engine and front section of the Quickboost resin set.

I cut the front part of Quickboost resin engine.

05.jpg

07.jpg

Hi Waroff, the asterisk preceeding the color fabric callout indicates a notation seen

at the left of the drawing. It's not particularly clear when blown up but it looks to me

like the color fabric is an option to the leather, and not compulsory.

Also too add to what mmaben said:  Waroff, define the exact shade of Olive Drab as applied to the cloth boot...and then define what waterproofing did to that shade of OD.  The fabric part (Item 1 in the blueprint) is the major part of the boot.  The reinforcing part (Item 2 in the blueprint) was to be leather; clearly shown in the photos Tulgar posted.  I'd say his shade of OD is equally as good as anything else that leans toward OD.  The dull dark green in the cockpit looks great!  H302 eh?  I'll have to do some looking and get some of that color. 

Uh oh Tulgar...  Those distributor's on the 2800 should be the GE ignition system, not the Bendix dual magneto with the distributors (your prop governor is correctly positioned).  Not many will know the difference but in case you are interested, see below:

R-2800withGEIgnitionSystem_View_2.jpg

Instructions from the Hasegawa P-47M kit:

Hasegawa_P47M_Engine_Assembly_zps535f3f7

And instructions from the P-47D kit:

Hasegawa_P47D_Engine_Assembly_zps885ba97

Edited by Juggernut

Hi Waroff, the asterisk preceeding the color fabric callout indicates a notation seen

at the left of the drawing. It's not particularly clear when blown up but it looks to me

like the color fabric is an option to the leather, and not compulsory.

" * compliance with paragraph D-10 of spe AAF...on resistance to mildew is not compulsory; balance of the specification still applies."

Also too add to what mmaben said:  Waroff, define the exact shade of Olive Drab as applied to the cloth boot...and then define what waterproofing did to that shade of OD.  The fabric part (Item 1 in the blueprint) is the major part of the boot.  The reinforcing part (Item 2 in the blueprint) was to be leather; clearly shown in the photos Tulgar posted.  I'd say his shade of OD is equally as good as anything else that leans toward OD.  The dull dark green in the cockpit looks great!  H302 eh?  I'll have to do some looking and get some of that color. 

Uh oh Tulgar...  Those distributor's on the 2800 should be the GE ignition system, not the Bendix dual magneto with the distributors (your prop governor is correctly positioned).  Not many will know the difference but in case you are interested, see below:

Hasegawa_P47D_Engine_Assembly_zps885ba97

...In few words the correct engine has the part K5 ommited,the turtleback magnetos (K3-K4) and J2 as the front part

" * compliance with paragraph D-10 of spe AAF...on resistance to mildew is not compulsory; balance of the specification still applies."

Ah, I see. Now all we need is the applicable spec.

I'm not trying to argue, but drawings can be revised

for any number of reasons so relying on them as

absolute proof is not necessarily a good idea.