1/32 Hasegawa P-47D30 Thunderbolt FINISHED....

Tolga ULGUR

Also too add to what mmaben said:  Waroff, define the exact shade of Olive Drab as applied to the cloth boot...and then define what waterproofing did to that shade of OD.  The fabric part (Item 1 in the blueprint) is the major part of the boot.  The reinforcing part (Item 2 in the blueprint) was to be leather; clearly shown in the photos Tulgar posted.  I'd say his shade of OD is equally as good as anything else that leans toward OD.  The dull dark green in the cockpit looks great!  H302 eh?  I'll have to do some looking and get some of that color. 

Uh oh Tulgar...  Those distributor's on the 2800 should be the GE ignition system, not the Bendix dual magneto with the distributors (your prop governor is correctly positioned).  Not many will know the difference but in case you are interested, see below:

R-2800withGEIgnitionSystem_View_2.jpg

Instructions from the Hasegawa P-47M kit:

Hasegawa_P47M_Engine_Assembly_zps535f3f7

And instructions from the P-47D kit:

Hasegawa_P47D_Engine_Assembly_zps885ba97

Uh.. This is a new information for me.

Maybe using Hasegawa s P-47M would be better option for a D30. Because Quickboost set does not offers these magnetos seen in the picture you posted. 

So, using K3 and K4 parts from Hasegawa's P-47M kit with Quickboost front section (without using K5 part) is the correct configuration for D30, right?

In these circumtances I have to live with this mistake. Noted for my next project. Thanks, very appreciated.

By the way I would like to confirm that R 2800-59 engines used in D30 and D40 right? And my actual configuration is suitable for a D25 which is my next near future 1/32 P-47?

Decided to correct the engine magnetos. So I will keep this engine for my next D25 project. And will built a new engine by using Vector set with correct configuration for my D30

Now I am working on the wings and fuselage while waiting for vector s set

• 2 weeks later...

The colour of the zinc chromate is to green, Republic used a yellowgreen version, only Curtiss used the greener one, but the D-30 whas build by Republic only.

I read thing about magneto's  but remember there whas a war on and mechanics in the field used whatever they had there hands on to get those things flying again, so yes, there can be parts on the engine that should not be there, for that type, but it happened. And the M, needs a fillet in front of the tailsection. There are other things to be changhed to, Landing light need to be moved, because of dive breaks. Good build, Go on Sir.

The colour of the zinc chromate is to green, Republic used a yellowgreen version, only Curtiss used the greener one, but the D-30 whas build by Republic only.

I read thing about magneto's  but remember there whas a war on and mechanics in the field used whatever they had there hands on to get those things flying again, so yes, there can be parts on the engine that should not be there, for that type, but it happened. And the M, needs a fillet in front of the tailsection. There are other things to be changhed to, Landing light need to be moved, because of dive breaks. Good build, Go on Sir.

Thanks

The paint is Tamiya XF4 yellow green which is very close to zinc chromate yellow. It may have a look of more greener in the pictures due to light etc .

• 4 weeks later...