Whats the 411 on that B-17F gents?

Guest Smitty44

What you are referring to is an early production G. That version is supposed to be released sometime in the future. From what I gathered they were hoping to put it in this go around but all of the extra E/F parts prohibit it. If you are willing to wait which I hope isn't too long you should have what you want. In the meantime you can get the E/F and make a rather nice plane.

No, it's not an early G that he's referring to, it's a B-17F with G style nose windows.  They are very similar to the G windows but reversed.  The port side window is in the middle whereas the port side window on the G is in the forward window.  The image below is what I believe John is referring to.  .

b17f-flying-fortress-idiots-delight.jpg
Edited by Juggernut

I stand corrected.  I didn't know of this nose.  It definitely is not in the E/F kit, and it is a bit away from the G.  I wonder if they will put that in the early G kit.  Either way, unless someone does a resin transkit, it will be a wait to see what the early G entails.

• 2 weeks later...

Update from HK on facebook showing the kit's contents and a hopefull release date for sometime in Oct if you can't access the link Kev usually comes along and posts the piccies :m0152:

Indeed! Here they are:

14519827_1741871212729163_20671671584292

14457303_1741871256062492_25038906950405

14494684_1741871279395823_79255263195868

14457532_1741871326062485_46595954522389

And, just to round things out, here's the text of Neil's Facebook post:

Hello, I am very happy to tell you that the production sample of B-17EF just finished. That is the most complicated production ever . This release consist of 44 spures, 3 markings decal sheets, resin casting ammo track, PE, instructions. Totally gross weight of one kit is 3.2kgs. It is very heavy kit, isn't it. By the way, We are so sorry for the postpone of release schedule. We will do our best to ensure the quality and release 1/32 B-17E/F within Oct.

Kev

Well, having recently got the markings for D-day Doll, I decided to get at last the late G kit as I did not want that version without such decals.

Fortunately I found one as most of my usual resellers were out of stock and it seems this is the case nearly everywhere out of Asia. So, if you are still interested in the G kit, do not wait too long...

Who did you speak to, Barry? Neil told me directly that he felt it would be around the last week in August. Everything else in your post is also news to me, and if I'm honest it sounds a bit like a distributor putting words in Neil's mouth. I'll verify it with him when I get the chance.

Kev

:shrug: seems distributor spoke with "straight tongue"!

Kev, so where's the review :innocent: and more importantly when will you start building it :fight: can you tell I'm a little impatient :rofl:

Graham

I haven't received the retail version yet, Graham, but I'll be doing my usual in-box style review when I do. Since many folks here know a great deal more about the B-17 than I do, I'll post a link to the review in the forums like I always do, and that can be used as the basis for a more informed and in-depth discussion of the kit.

As for building it, I wish I had the time, let alone the space!

Kev