1:32 Scale Dambuster Upkeep mine CNC machining

GrahamF

Just thought I would post a few pictures of the progress of our forthcoming RAF bomb trolley and Upkeep mine prototype parts machining. Luckily while producing this I found a real example of the very bomb trolley at East Keal in an unrestored state which I guess they are going to use to display their Upkeep mine on next to 'Jane'.

1-32%20Upkeep%20mine%20cnc%20machining_zThis is the side of the Upkeep mine being CNC machined with a 1mm diameter flat end mill with 0.1mm overlap this results in a very smooth component that is paint ready.

1-32%20Scale%20RAF%20bomb%20trolley%201_The major components next to a pound coin to give an idea of scale [ the squares on the cutting mat are 10mm ]

1-32%20Scale%20RAF%20bomb%20trolley%203_The quite complex rear axle housing that had me scratching my head while measuring up the real thing.

1-32%20Scale%20RAF%20bomb%20trolley%202_The main wheels I went to town on the hub detail both inside and out

Graham

Just had a crazy thought of 617 Sqn. commissioning a 1/32 model of one of their Lancasters (their choice) passing over a 1/32 section of Möhne dam with the Upkeep mine skipping along merrily behind, at whatever size it tales to encompass all three elements (Dam, plane, bomb).