F-15E --- 1/32 --- Tamiya

Oh, it`s part of the detail, the kit is very good. :)

Ah okay! An earlier picture showed just one set of hinges on the aileron, not three. But I realize now it's the difference between the upper and lower surfaces.

Anyway, your extra work on the wings looks splendid indeed!

Rich

Wings - done. The "lights" are added and only with their main colors. After the painting i should add a darker filter over the lights.

photo_4.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

I started the vertical stabilizers and can`t wait to add the pod, but there are still plenty of things to do before that. I sanded the bulged caps near the rudders, thinned the leading/trailing edge only for one stabilizer, removed the original kit pod, one light is added, and that`s pretty much it so far:

photo_1.jpg

photo.jpg

photo_5.jpg

Edited by F`s are my favs

Thx Chuck!

I`m finishing the stabilizers - both are with thinned leading/trailing edges, the lights with their main colors are added, most of the panel lines are partially filled with very thinned surfacer, and after some very light texturising, and... :) the Pod.

4444.jpg

5555.jpg

Silhouettes:

1111.jpg

222.jpg

3333.jpg

Ouch guys, need some help :) Or maybe it`s correct, i`m not exactly sure, because the Eduard`s F-15C in 1/48 had exactly the same issue and i thought that i should correct it. And i did. Okey, okey, it comes to this slight angle outwards of the pods of the vertical stabilizers:

photo.jpg

I remember that i straighten the pods of the F in 1/48 as i was thinking that they should be perfectly parallel to each other. But here again the same issue... so i`m now kinda puzzled if that might be the right thing in the real plane. The photo is taken directly above the pods and from quite a distance, and with quite a zoom. I`m sure that i glued properly the ALQ pod, the alignment is perfect, of course according to the vertical stabilizer. The other thin pod is oob, it`s perfectly aligned. My logic is that the pods should be really straight parallel to the airflow, but the same issue twice?! I think i could manage to make them parallel with some small mods of the bases of the stabilizers, but should i?? What is the right thing? Thanks very much!

Ouch guys, need some help :) Or maybe it`s correct, i`m not exactly sure, because the Eduard`s F-15C in 1/48 had exactly the same issue and i thought that i should correct it. And i did. Okey, okey, it comes to this slight angle outwards of the pods of the vertical stabilizers:

photo.jpg

I remember that i straighten the pods of the F in 1/48 as i was thinking that they should be perfectly parallel to each other. But here again the same issue... so i`m now kinda puzzled if that might be the right thing in the real plane. The photo is taken directly above the pods and from quite a distance, and with quite a zoom. I`m sure that i glued properly the ALQ pod, the alignment is perfect, of course according to the vertical stabilizer. The other thin pod is oob, it`s perfectly aligned. My logic is that the pods should be really straight parallel to the airflow, but the same issue twice?! I think i could manage to make them parallel with some small mods of the bases of the stabilizers, but should i?? What is the right thing? Thanks very much!

Tamiya has the stabs and the pods in the correct orientation,  so I would suggest leaving them alone.  Aerodynamics/Fluid dynamics don't always follow what we think they should be based on visually observation alone.  All of your work look very nice and correct from the Tamiys eagles I have built.

Hope this helps,

Gary

`key, i`m leaving the pods like that, yet i added a few "things" at the bases of the stabilizers to adjust their proper 90 degree angle to the fuselage, which theoretically should contract the pods slightly inwards, but actually the difference is invisible. These are the "things" at the bases of the stabilizers:

photo_1.jpg

And there are some very small seamlines where they meet the fuselage. I`m making them detachable, so i`ll try to add the "thin coverings" here too, to make the gaps even more invisible. I don`t know if it will worth it... i`m trying with one "covering" and i`m waiting it to dry. Here are the gaps before, small but just enough to make the stabilizers look like separate pieces:

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Meanwhile i added these small panels for the main wings, i think they are sensors or antennas. From photo etch, then i sanded them thoroughly, just to appear a hint more pronounced.

photo_4.jpg

The verticals are done. The gaps where they meet the fuselage are covered, some very subtle riveting, and i imitated a few larger bolts or nuts, i don`t what they are... just about the same as the riveting, but with a much greater force so to carve out more from the plastic and to look more like convex bolts/nuts:

photo_3.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

photo_1_1.jpg

After the riveting:

photo_3_1.jpg

photo_2_2.jpg

And one with a temporarily attachment. Of course there will probably be visible some small lines at the joints, but much smaller.

photo_1_2.jpg

Hi, Zero 77, thanks thanks, it`s quite a journey in my case, i`m doing it from time to time... and i will probably soon start to build another kit, but in 1/48 scale, alongside with this beast, and for the 1st time i plan to post photos only of the finished model. I saw plenty of models shared directly in the sections for finished models... so i`ll leave it as a surprise :) I hope it will turn into a beautiful surprise :) In other words, this F is nearly 20% from completion and it will take a whole eternity for the complete completion, in my forecasting opinion :D.

Btw what you mean about your F? I remember that i saw your theme and the Eagle was finished, painted, gorgeous, gorgeous. Can you share a link to your unfinished F?!

Edited by F`s are my favs