F-15E --- 1/32 --- Tamiya

:))))

Btw the pylon is done:

There is a huge pin running from rail to rail for greater structural support:

photo_1.jpg

Because it will be with mountable loadouts - with magnets, and should be very strong. And the best thing is that even test fitted looks prepped and ready for painting. Yet the painting will be along with the model itself, quite later. I have the pylons of the C in 1/48 dismantled - so a quick comparison :))

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

I filled the panel lines of the CFTs:

photo_3.jpg

And I started with some "texturising" of the bottom fuselage and i`m very happy indeed. I think to continue with the entire plane. Here is the fuselage before, like mirror flat:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

Only the area of the heat shield is done and only from the one side of the engine starter (i forgot the exact name). It`s barely visible and only at this angle:

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

It`s just a knife with a curved blade, of which actually i handle only the blade, and i make very subtle scratches. Not once, but usually >10 repeats of the same area (ripple is an awesome word). Because of the curvature of the blade, the indentations stay curved too, with almost no visible edges like scratching with a pointed blade. After a few tries it appears like the more chaotically - the better. Usually it`s following the panel lines and the rivet lines. The big panels also look good if texturised entirely and not only along the edges. And that`s it, of course after that i sand over the areas with around 800 grit and then with 1500 grit sandpapers, which "restores" the gloss shine of the surfaces.

Absolute no loss of panel lines or rivets, because the scratching is very very subtle... i don`t know... like to remove a few shavings or the flash from a detail. And in this kit the panel lines are veeery deep and thick too. This exercise even makes them look a little bit more delicate and normal.