Kitty Hawk Models T-28 B/D Trojan *FINISHED*

Out2gtcha

Thanks guys, as always, its nice to know you didnt screw up toooooo badly.   :lol:

Very well done, Brian!

Was the weight you mentioned behind the engine the kit's weight, or did you add more?

:goodjob:  :goodjob:

Correct Ray. It was right behind the engine. I just cut the bottom off of a medicine cup, mixed some JB Weld in with some #9 shotgun shot, and presto.........you can see it here painted black sitting where the oil tank and what not would usually go if you had the panels open:

2016-04-07%2012.12.40.jpg

DSC05577.jpg

DSC05579.jpg

It ended up being an extra 1.6 Oz:

2016-04-07%2012.43.47.jpg

Edited by Out2gtcha

Thanks guys!  Ray, NP as I think it would be a good way if you were a closed panel guy, but if you wanted to open the engine panels, you might have to sub in some weight lower in the cowl, and/or move the OOB weights forward. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Nicolas!

I am NO *SUB IN YOUR FAVORITE ACTOR HERE* but I have made a short (but a LOT longer than I had anticipated @ over 8:30) video on how to assemble one of my completed custom shipping boxes.

I failed to mention in the video however, that the 18" x 18" x 18" box I used in the video is surrounded by packing peanuts, inside a 20" x 20" x 20" box that is used to protect the inner box from damage during shipping, similar to the principal of the multi-hulled oil tankers. 

Obviously if the box is only being used for transport to/from shows the extra 20" box and peanuts are not necessary. 

Im not super good at these kind of things, so the volume is really inconsistent, and the whole video has a "white trash" feel to it, as Im lazy and didnt dress up for the occasion, but you get the idea.   :lol:

Edited by Out2gtcha

Guest Clunkmeister

Derek, the feeding frenzy was insane. :)

Yeah, that was mine, along with the Gotha and Skyraider beside it.

I hope to see you at Eaglequest this weekend. Joy and I will both be there as well.

(This is Brian's thread,...LOL)

Edited by Clunkmeister

Derek, the feeding frenzy was insane. :)

Yeah, that was mine, along with the Gotha and Skyraider beside it.

I hope to see you at Eaglequest this weekend.

Haha Ernst I'm thinking this was meant for a different thread :lol:

Guest Clunkmeister

Brian, your shipping solution sure beats my big a$$ed plywood box that I carry my Gotha around in. :)

But getting all the quizzical looks from folks as you lug that massive monstrosity into the display room is worth all the inconvenience.  :rofl:

Ernst, Clark, thanks for the comments.  As Ernie and I both know well, the kit is pretty freakin great.  NO putty, NO filler..............it just plain FITS.   Anyone who is hating on KHM, or is fully against trying out any of their new kits based on building anything of theirs in the past (even new tool KHM LSPs other than the T-28)  should give the T-28 a try.

KH is legitimately getting better with each subsequent latest LSP release IMHO. 

Edited by Out2gtcha