Haggis

Post Apocalyptic OV-10A Bronco

I thought it would be cool do add a patch on the wing.  5 though plastic card was glued in place then Archer raised rivet decals applied.  There are gaps, these were repaired.

P1320719_zpsc21bnydi.jpg

These were sealed with Mr Metal primer then Alclad grey.  It will be masked and I don't want the rivets to come off.

P1320722_zpsxuh1eraf.jpg

More random WMIK bits!

P1320732_zpstxda4dwf.jpg

Various grab handles and the like were added as well as tread plate and supports to the foot rests.  That big Albion Alloys tube is part of the gunner seat support.  More on that later too!

P1320735_zpss1vkzn1w.jpg

Time for some colour!  One of the spinners was painted up from yellow through orange to red.

P1320741_zpsjoxngntk.jpg

P1320744_zpsnqzc3svm.jpg

P1320754_zpslnmk7dvq.jpg

It was masked using that new Tamiya bendy stuff before painting black.

P1320759_zpsoz6lgtjd.jpg

And here is the finished spinner...

P1320763_zpsxbuldtwe.jpg

The 50 cal was drilled out then painted in matt black, pigment was used to get the right metallic tone.  The barrel sleeve will be darkened with burnishing fluid later.

P1320784_zpsghwu1xam.jpg

I am absolutely loving following this! How come you went for lead sheet on the main wells? Thought this kit was a pretty bad tail sitter as it is

The lead sheet is really thin, I used it as it needed moulding around the contours and would be easier than plastic card.  Its not that heavy but there's plenty of weight in the nose!

The engine fronts were blacked off with plastic card.  You'll see why later!

P1320658_zpsas9fa5qm.jpg

Oh my God ! It's going to be a piston engine powered Bronco !

That build started greatly, but it's getting better and better ! One of the most interesting thing to watch at this time !

Fenous, I insert a solid brass rod which supports it from the inside and prevents it from kinking. To be honest, I have used the Trumpeter stuff before which is easier to bend but harder to cut.

Fenous, I insert a solid brass rod which supports it from the inside and prevents it from kinking. To be honest, I have used the Trumpeter stuff before which is easier to bend but harder to cut.

But what do you bend them with, Jamie?

Kev