Tamiya Spitfire Mk.XVIe, First Spitfire build for me.

Well, managed to spend a little time at the bench. Still in pain, can't sit for long amounts of time. Absolutely getting better but a ways to go. Finished the landing gear, painted underside color, aluminum for the wheels and tire black for the tires. Washed with Promodeller wash and dusted with MiG Pigments. I used the rubber line from the kit, should have used a thinner piece of wire.

IMG_4638_zpsanlavbez.jpg

IMG_4639_zpsehailw86.jpg

Also managed to spraybomb the build with Tamiya primer, least it's one color, kinda.

IMG_4640_zpsrdazysyi.jpg

Going to try and start the color coats soon, should be fun...

Don

Glad to hear you're feelng a little better Don. Hope your recovery continues apace.

The progress on your Spit is admirable. That is a lovely, smooth primer coat. Nice job.

I really like those landing gear sets too. The tyres look like actual rubber and you've created great depth on the wheels too.

Superb stuff, keep at it.

Cheers.

Can't spend a lot of time at the bench, have to take breaks often. Man, the amount and location of pain.... Did manage to drop the build again, the fit of the cowl parts suffered. Straightened as best as possible but they are a little off. Darn. Getting on with the build i did manage to complete the color coats, used Tamiya paints. Have the prop dryfitted in the pic, like how it adds a bit of color. Do have some retouching to do then i'll hit it with clear tomorrow.

IMG_4643_zpsojplvmyb.jpg

IMG_4642_zpsdmv0byyh.jpg

Don

Well, i managed to clear coat and decal the build. The Fundekals were done by Cartograf, took a few hits of settling solution and slicing to get the roundels to settle. The code letters worked fine. I did have to use some of the Tamiya stencils, they worked OK, something I should have done is paint the leading edge yellow instead of the decals. I will have to go back and touch these up.

Don