Tamiya Spitfire Mk.XVIe, First Spitfire build for me.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys!! The spiral was easy to do, I used an Eduard spiral masking set, comes with enough masks to do 5-6 spinners in different styles. I have to say, this is the first time I've seen an allied plane with a "spiralschnauze" . I will be doing a wash on the gear and oleos, will wait til I have more parts done and do them in a batch. The serial number on the decal sheet is supposed to look like that, IIRC was oversprayed when the sky fuselage stripe was painted over. The decals shown is for a different aircraft, all i'm using on the sheet are the roundels and fin flashes. Going to look into the Sillouette vinyl cutter to make my own masks as the painted stuff looks so good, but i'll stay with the old school decals on this build.

Don

Well, this is another build that's at a standstill. In hospital now recovering from hernia operation. Will be out tommorow but can't see myself sitting at bench for the near future. I'll have a heck of a scar, 20 clips to close. Will still follow all builds.

Thanks for the support and well wishes, guys!! Back home now, still hurts but managable. Going to give it a bit of rest then try to get back to it. I think i'll be off for 6-8 weeks, i'm a auto mechanic and tire changover season is close, can't see myself tossing around tires, etc for a bit. Hopefully i'll be able to get bench time in.

Don