I/32nd I.D Vacform RAAF Canberra B.20

Piprm

Phil, you're a total pro. Did you say this was your first kit back after a long absence? Just wow.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Yeah mate - that is correct ...  I think the last time I seriously tackled a project like this, was in the early 1990's!

Though, It took a little time to shake off the barnacles!

The hard-part is now in front of me - referring to the Main Wing wheel well and the complicated 'Angled'  structures of the undercarriage  and .. (as you will see) ...the only way I can describe it is:  it's like building an umbrella!

But!.. this will only make it easy for the guys using my parts, as they don't have to tackle making these parts in the first place.

Happy 2016!

Phil

Edited by Piprm

MAIN WING - WHEEL WELLS :

OK... The first step is mastering the Mounting point to the Landing gear,  which I'll call the 'Mounting / Pivot Bracket'...

I have found that,  it is really the critical point... that everything else from the Landing gear Mounting/Pivot Bracket measures and relates from and to it,  as a critical axis point... especially when the Design of components connections and movements in that area, is all various Angles with each component - and not all right angles (hardly any - to be exact!) ... 

So, if you get one angle wrong - it effects and relates to 2 or 3 other points, which throws it all out! ....It can be a Geometric Nightmare, if you aren't paying close attention to each piece!

I have spent some time in this wing well area.... finding out these things! (a little wrong here .. can move along the chain... to be a very Big Wrong - there!)

But anyways... lets start at the landing gear mounting point!

NSUKgOE.jpg?1

bIDpeBX.jpg?1

8UgZH5R.jpg?1

And now start with materials, time and a lot of concentration. ....

cDEgCIt.jpg?1

And after a lot of cutting and adjustments ... this is the results - because  anything else that didn't FIT..... leads back to this piece!

pWzvEgm.jpg?1

Edited by Piprm