Kitty Hawk Model 1/32 P-39Q/N

LSP_Kevin

Well Kev, I was about to say that this looks good enough to be in a nice glossy magazine article.... then I read that it is!

Excellent finish and interesting build to read.

Matt

Thanks, Matt. I'll send something in and see if David reckons it's good enough too. No guarantees, of course.

Kev

You've certainly proved that nothing pays off like persistence, Kevin.  The plane looks great, in spite of all the obstacles this kit seems to put in front of you.  It's quite an inspiration watching the progress of this build, so thank you for keeping it going to completion.  I have one in my stash and I bought specifically for the open panels as I wanted to show off the differences between a P-39 and most other WW2 fighters.  It's a great pity KH didn't do a better job designing this kit, but at least they did do it and I hope we see more "unusual" planes in 1/32 from them.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks, Michael. It's certainly a challenging build, and while I'm certain that it can be built without the kinds of issues many of us have had, it seems you really need all your stars in alignment to make it happen. Good luck with yours when you get to it, and don't forget to start a build thread!

Kev

Looks fabulous Kev. I've got the SH kit to get into. I hope it turns out nearly as good as yours mate. Well played.

Thanks, Peter. I hope you have an easier time with your build than I did with mine! (And do a build thread, if you can.)

Kev