Kitty Hawk Model 1/32 P-39Q/N

LSP_Kevin

Despite the problems you've encountered, your WIP made me get one plus some AM myself.

I'll use your thread as my reference when I get to build mine.

As for your finished model: Simply brilliant. Your persistence did pay off indeed :goodjob: :goodjob:

Lothar

Despite the problems you've encountered, your WIP made me get one plus some AM myself.

I'll use your thread as my reference when I get to build mine.

As for your finished model: Simply brilliant. Your persistence did pay off indeed :goodjob: :goodjob:

Lothar

Thanks, Lothar! Glad I could provide you with some inspiration (and perhaps some warnings about where the traps are).

Kev

Looks like a winner to me.  Next stop, National Championships!  Bravo, Kevin.  Well done.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks, Mark. Not sure how well this model will travel, as the landing gear is already wobbly just from moving it about to take the photos. And those cockpit doors are ready to fall off if I look at them too long. The whole thing is remarkably fragile. Besides, I think I can do better for our Nationals (I just don't think I'll have the time).

Kev

Snooks 2nd lives!

Many congrats in finishing this tricky build so well - she genuinely looks the business Kev. The final finish has a great weathered patina, one I hope to emulate with my SH P39 (when I get that far).

Torben 

Thanks, Torben. Would love to see an update on your Special Hobby build.

Kev

Hey Kev,

Well, that was one for the ages for sure.  Amazing amount of work (and rework) to make this build into something really exceptional, congrats!  I think this is one of those builds you just have to say is 'inspirational'.  A lesson in stick-to-it-tiveness  (or whatever...LOL).  Pictures don't lie - this is definitely a magazine-worthy build and I hope I get to see it there.

So, my friend, what is up next?  :popcorn:   HK B-71G perhaps?   :hmmm:

Chris

Thanks, Chris!

So, my friend, what is up next?  :popcorn:   HK B-71G perhaps?   :hmmm:

Well, you're actually the second person to suggest that one to me! But I still have too many other builds I need to tend to, starting with my Birdcage Corsair conversion, and then making sure I get something done on my Hurricane builds for the GB. Never a dull moment!

Kev

I hope you can find some space somewhere safe as it would be a shame to hide such a nice looking build away.

Thanks, Dan. Me too! The problem I have is a lack of space right across the board. No room for anything. I'll figure something out.

Kev

I really like all of the paint variations, Kev; gives it character, without getting carried away. I hope to do something similar with an N1K2 that I'm currently plodding away on.

Thanks, K2. I really like working with the silver pencil for exposed metal weathering; much less hassle than just about any other approach, but highly controllable and quite realistic if done carefully. I certainly need to expand my weathering repertoire, but black basing and sliver pencil chipping is a really effective combination.

Kev