Kitty Hawk Model 1/32 P-39Q/N

LSP_Kevin

Absolutely brilliant work Kev!  I saw the finished photos on Facebook, but it looks just as great here.  Hopefully you can get the display case situation figured out, so the Cobra can have a place of pride

Matt  :frantic:

Thanks for the kind words, Matt. In the end, I removed an old model that I'm not fond of, to make room for the P-39, so all is good for the moment.

Kev

Wow, just caught up on this one to find it's finished! Brilliantly done as well Kev. The paint work and modulation of the surface colours is absolutely perfect. While you may have had some trials along the way, the final product shows no signs of it, and that's the hallmark of a great modeller. You've done it again Kev!

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks, Wolf! The build is not without its issues, but does at least directly represent some growth in my ability to weather a model effectively. I'm looking forward to continuing my experiments on the Corsair.

Kev

I have visions of Kevin gently saying to the older model, "Come on Dusty, lets go for a ride."

"Where are we going? " asks the old dusty one.

"You'll see" says Kev gravely.

After a long drive deep into the outback, Kevin pulls up on the side of the track.

" We there yet?" whispers the nervous old-timer.

" Yep." Kevin flatly intones carrying a shovel. 

Thanks, Dan. My wife had  chuckle at this. For the record, it was the old Matchbox Sea Venom, the finish on which I was never really happy with. I moved it out of the display case and plonked it on top, so it hasn't gone yet, but it no longer has any protection.

Kev