Kitty Hawk 1/32 Kingfisher; boy are we in for a treat!!!

alaninaustria

Ern, you're the first person I've talked to who did not complain of terrible fit of panels, wings, and rear fuse to the forward fuse

I know another modeler who built one and they had fit issues as well. Did anyone else notice the rudder pedals are way too far apart as well?

Member B757Captain has built the F-86D, too, and it seems that he noticed a few fitting issue, but nothing really serious. From his description, it looks far from "terrible".

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=57130

Anyway, the F-86D is on my "to do" list as soon as i can finish one or two builds in progress.

Edited by Zero77

First of all everyone has the right to choose to buy or not to buy whatever they wish. However when a start up company basically starts giving us any kit we ask for, I would think a little grace may be in order, but that also is up to you. 

You're exactly right and I should mention that I have been absolutely thrilled with the subjects offered so far, though some things are still lacking. I'm having a pretty rough week so my original wording in my first post may have been a tad on the harsh side

Guest Smitty44

You're exactly right and I should mention that I have been absolutely thrilled with the subjects offered so far, though some things are still lacking. I'm having a pretty rough week so my original wording in my first post may have been a tad on the harsh side

Here's to hoping your week get's better!

First of all everyone has the right to choose to buy or not to buy whatever they wish. However when a start up company basically starts giving us any kit we ask for, I would think a little grace may be in order, but that also is up to you. 

They are not a "start-up company" - as if that even matters. The principles at KH have been in the business for many years (such as the former Trumpeter guy, Mr Song).  

As to giving us any kit we ask for - I have never heard anyone saying "I want a kit of Subject X, but please put some errors in it, and make it hard to build".  And - contrary to popular belief, KH, or any model company, does NOT base their product decisions on the wants of a few posters on LSP or any other forum.  They produce kits that their research indicates will make them a profit, period the end.  It's business, and any good company in business welcomes criticism and feedback so that they can make their products better, so that they can make *wait for it* more profit.

Critical comments made here (where we know Glen reads) can help them spot any potential issues early, and get them addressed - almost like free QA.  If it was only the kumbaya crowd posting, then we would not see the progress in kits we are seeing these days, with kits getting better and better.

And on topic, the initial shots look nice, but I could do without the removable panels.

Edited by DougN

I can't wait to get started on the Kingfisher! Such a cool looking aircraft !

About the Sabre Dog: I'm building one at the moment and it really is a nice kit.

I did test fit everything and when I taped it together, it was hard to line everything up. But the thing is: the cockpit, air intake, nose gear bay and front part of the engine are part of the structure. When these parts are placed inside the fuselage, everything lines up, well... almost perfectly. And the fit of the wings to the fuselage is impressively good! 

And with the Zotz decals, even more possibilities!

Nic

Guest Smitty44

They are not a "start-up company" - as if that even matters. The principles at KH have been in the business for many years (such as the former Trumpeter guy, Mr Song).  

As to giving us any kit we ask for - I have never heard anyone saying "I want a kit of Subject X, but please put some errors in it, and make it hard to build".  And - contrary to popular belief, KH, or any model company, does NOT base their product decisions on the wants of a few posters on LSP or any other forum.  They produce kits that their research indicates will make them a profit, period the end.  It's business, and any good company in business welcomes criticism and feedback so that they can make their products better, so that they can make *wait for it* more profit.

Critical comments made here (where we know Glen reads) can help them spot any potential issues early, and get them addressed - almost like free QA.  If it was only the kumbaya crowd posting, then we would not see the progress in kits we are seeing these days, with kits getting better and better.

And on topic, the initial shots look nice, but I could do without the removable panels.

Well last time I checked the T-6 was their first 1/32 scale kit which means what about four or five releases. Also down there below in the vendors board their are some fifty pages of intereaction with him about what we want and it seems to me as with the F-11Tiger, that his model is to see what modelers want first, and then check the market.not vice versa. Never said no one should critisize but I would think the more support he gets the better the kits will get. Actually I have no right to tell people what to do or think here, I just thought it to be a little food for thought.

Edited by Smitty44

He's one guy I'd really like to meet in person. Along with Floyd, Jerry Rutman, Paul Fisher, Harold, and a few other guys here who create some real cool stuff for us old coots still lost in the glory of our youth...

Whatever he brings, you KNOW it'll be good.

Floyd and glen getting together for a "meeting of the minds" will only make shine this most glorious hobby.

You lost me here,... who's floyd?

Floyd Werner - Werner's wings. He's a great guy, very interesting too as he flew AH1s in the 80s and now flies helis for Baltimore Police Dept. Glen frequents the local model shows as well, seems like a nice guy but I've not had a chance to really talk with him much.

Great input guys! Kingfisher is coming.... I love the idea of a Serian too along with the Kyofu Rex - all in 1/32 scale! Seaplanes are so unique and a really interesting study no matter which subject matter it happens to be!

Thanks Glen for bringing us this beautiful beast!

Cheers

Alan