pilot and crews figures by Reedoak

norbert

Hi

I agree that so far, some of the figures I propose are not 20 years old.

However, you may look more at the pilots and crews next time you visit an airbase.

Thinking they were all 20 is a myth. 

You can google image aircraft pilot and you will see when you get ride of airliners pilots, pin-up and childrens, they often do not look so young.

You can google image WW2 aircraft pilot, and will have same feeling, even by removing the veterans.

In addition, they look often older, I think due to the stress.

But I agree, having next additions with some younger (and perhaps olders for the russians) will give a better balance.

Some WW2 pilots were around 20, it's a fact. However, today, 20 years old pilot is probably very rare.

So guys, be patient, I just started in June.

Norbert

Hi Norbert, This stuff is great however here I am with another request, There is a distinct lack of post war 50's 60's and 70's groundcrew. Im thinking specifically RAF and USAF. Useful for those Cold war, Korean and Vietnam war dioramas. 

Again just a thought as I know you are up to the gunnells as it were with requests.

Keep up the very good work. 

I think it's an amazing testament to how realistic and lifelike these figures are that we're debating the relative ages of the people they represent! Remember the old Revell 2-part pilot figures? You could barely tell they were human!

Kev

2nd!

Very true, Kev. GAF pilots normally remain in active service till the age of 40 (ish). But of course there are those 22 your old "kids" as well. Anyway, Norbert's figures represent real, living people. I just wish I had the abilitiy to paint them...

Cheers

Rainer

Tremendous realism Norbert.

I'm keen to get one of these modern pilots in just the flightsuit So I'd appreciate a heads-up when it becomes available please.

With that in mind, some manufacturers give alternate heads for their figures. I wonder, how difficult would that be to do with what you produce and do you have any plans to offer this sort of alternative?

I am very eager to see what you have for us next. Please keep up this superb work, thanks.

Cheers.

Hi

Having an exhibition in 1 week, I decided to try to paint some of my figures

I'm like some others here, not a great figure painter...

undercoat tamiya white with 70% alcohol, face and hands are oil painted 

35zd_zps6dnatiar.jpg

I could dry the paint in some minutes : Oven at 100° Celcius : the material withstand that.

humbrol enamel plus some oil paint in order to play with the shades :

35zg_zpscqkfpchu.jpg

35Zf_zpsqfveryvk.jpg

35ze_zpsddz5njlk.jpg

Now, Have to look how I will patch it, then I can apply a matt coat

Norbert

Real nice work on the figure Paint job :goodjob:           Here is a link for a new figure painting book for us in the challenged boat.

http://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=11644

Keep up the good work Norbert and can you post a close up of the done face :please:     I like to see the glasses and how you did them.

Cheers

Real nice work on the figure Paint job :goodjob:           Here is a link for a new figure painting book for us in the challenged boat.

http://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=11644

Keep up the good work Norbert and can you post a close up of the done face :please:     I like to see the glasses and how you did them.

Cheers

Hi

I go to an exhibition next week where I will look closer the figures experten work. here are 2 closer views (no image reduction) of the faces

35zi_zps4o0ruuyt.jpg

35zh_zpsdqzjs24e.jpg

glasses are 0.2 mm thick, and it was a pain to remove the material holders from the transversal bar on top of them, and keeping this bar, I will thicken the bar a little bit.

The figure is 1/35 here, so I will keep the glasses in 1/32 also, but I have some doubts they will print in 1/48 and 1/72

So you see my paint is not that great, did it in one evening (face and hands) and one morning (all remaining, with 4 times backing paints in oven)

Norbert