Monogram Mustang - Mojo Mender

xmh53wrench

Thanks Kev!

Took it outside for a few glam shots.....

IMAG2737_zps674b22a6.jpg

IMAG2738_zpsd6171f2c.jpg

IMAG2743_zpsa951b291.jpg

IMAG2739_zps218a2e69.jpg

Still amazes me how hard these things are to photograph.  You folks out there that have amazing looking pictures, have a ton of my respect.  So tough to photograph Alclad with any sort of consistency.  You would never know from these pics that the flat cladding on the sides of the airframe are the most mirrored and shiny on the whole aircraft.

Guest Peterpools

Lou

Absolutely looks just superb! Got love the 'Stangs Alcald finish!

Takes a bit of work to capture it on 'film' and  you're so right, it it a bit of a struggle.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks folks for all the nice words, its greatly appreciated and very encouraging.

Shes pretty rough, but seems to be somewhat photogenic.  Thought I would dig out the decals, only to figure out that the fuselage roundels from the Revell sheet that I had intended on using were huge.  I believe the sheet was for the Boise Bee, but I also have a sheet for Will it Run? that the roundels are the correct size.

Managed the wing roundels on, and sprayed the OD glare panel.  Moving right along.

IMAG2746_zps7b1402db.jpg

IMAG2748_zps5ac586fe.jpg

IMAG2747_zps2c3ebfed.jpg

Wolf, Peter, Mark, and Craig...Thank you guys very much for the very kind words.

You guys are among the cream of this site, and your compliments are very humbling.

If this even comes out half as well as I hope it will I owe it all to the kind and talented folks of this site.

I have done a tiny bit of detail work, and am still looking for that one perfect picture that captures the Alclad paint, just right.

....but getting closer

IMAG2757_zps132b52a9.jpg

When I grow up I want to do exhaust trails like you Craig  :D

Thanks for looking in Brian.

ETO wing bands on.  On the fence on how they came out, as I was trying to go off of scale drawings and some other references for their size and placement.  I think with the slight shape and dimensional errors in the Monogram kit, they were a bit hard to place exactly.  They seem to toe in just a bit, but they do get the point across.  Just primed the spinner and prop tips in prep for some MM Insignia Yellow and will also be taping off the nose as well.  I believe the rudder trim tab and the upper forward corner of the vert stabilizer is yellow also.

IMAG2783_zpsa7c84ec5.jpg

IMAG2787_zps2de4cc07.jpg

IMAG2778_zpsfb49e6b4.jpg

:)