Ten not out...

Derek B

Guest Peterpools

Derek

I'm with you on time flying by and it's been a pleasure following your insights, contributions and builds. You ave been a big part in shaping and creating the LSP communiy. Looking forward to many more years of the same.

Peter

Wow, ten years ! Think I've "been here" for seven of those and all I can say is how impressed I am by the quality of people's models, and how much I continue to learn from the true masters of this craft. It has raised my game considerably, and in an enjoyable way.

Tony

congratulations Derek, didn't realize it was that long ago already.

Joined the "new" LSP in 2003 myself, but before that i think i joined the "old" version (initiated by Saso Knez and our old friend Larry) about a year after it was founded, don't remember when that was .....(geez, again the "age"problem...dah)

Jack.

Yes, myself as well. I remember discovering this site back when Saso first created it (I wonder what ever happened to him?). At the time, I believed the number of 1/32nd scale builders in the world could be counted on one hand! How things have changed!

Unfortunately, from a building perspective, my time now taken up with research and writing...

That doesn't mean I don't log in to LSP daily, but now mostly as a lurker.

Mark Proulx

Congrats Derek - I'll be 11 years here come Telford...

Before that - does anyone remember the forum I used to run as 32SIG - started in '07 and I can remember getting a message from Saso about a month after launch saying he'd been thinking of doing something similar. Sasso and Larry were both members of that forum - I gave up after it got hacked for a second time. Sigh...

And the rec.models.scale newsgroup?

Things have changed hugely in large scale aviation modelling since '97!!

Iain

Congrats Derek - I'll be 11 years here come Telford...

Before that - does anyone remember the forum I used to run as 32SIG - started in '07 and I can remember getting a message from Saso about a month after launch saying he'd been thinking of doing something similar. Sasso and Larry were both members of that forum - I gave up after it got hacked for a second time. Sigh...

And the rec.models.scale newsgroup?

Things have changed hugely in large scale aviation modelling since '97!!

Iain

Excuse me Iain, you're talking about '07 as year you started the 32SIG, but shouldn't that be '97?

Anyhow thanks for the update info, i couldn't recall !!

Jack.

Derek

I'm with you on time flying by and it's been a pleasure following your insights, contributions and builds. You ave been a big part in shaping and creating the LSP communiy. Looking forward to many more years of the same.

Peter

Thank you for the kind words Peter.

Derek

Wow, ten years ! Think I've "been here" for seven of those and all I can say is how impressed I am by the quality of people's models, and how much I continue to learn from the true masters of this craft. It has raised my game considerably, and in an enjoyable way.

Tony

I feel very much the same way Tony! :D

Derek

Happy Tin Anniversary Derek!

:beer4:

Kev

Thank you Kev - Although I have been here (a little) longer, your incredibly important role (and that of other LSP staff) here means that it may feel like you have been part of LSP forever! (a big thank you goes to you and other Mods for keeping this website at the top of the pile).

Derek