What happened to Tamiya's new kit?

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

What happened with the new 'to be' released kit for this year? Without being a downer, maybe we're really looking at 2015.

:hmmm:

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Which new kit would that be?  To their credit, they have just released some newly tooled armor kits.  If you're looking for new 1/32 aircraft kits, I think you'll be waiting a while longer.  Nobody knows for sure what Tamiya is doing except a select few and they don't really say anything concrete and reliable until given the go ahead.  People's guesses are just that, guesses, no matter what their source.  If you look back at their former releases, I think you'll see that more than just a few of them had at least one year between their releases.  Expecting them to release a new kit each and every year is grounds for disappointment.  I'll be one of the first to champion any new 1/32 release by Tamiya, no matter what the subject and if it arrives in time for the 2014 holidays, that'll be great but I'm not expecting it. 

After a spate of F-4s in the late nineties/early naughties we jet heads went blue holding our breath for an F-4E "Late Production" which never happened. A lovely pair of F-16s followed then it went props. Now the props guys are turning a funny colour waiting.

Tamiya produce beautiful models but their programme, if there is one, does seem to meander at times.

But it's not as if there's a dearth of new subject matter.

Tony

Phantoms are done, Vipers are done,  How about a revamped F-14 with B and D kits added and a bubble to Corsair?  That was the word from the convention.

I  would like to see a P-47d if they do a prop, or a T-38 in a jet.   The T-38 could go many directions into the F-5's and be a decal makers dream.  I asked about the F-104 got the small head shake and nothing more.

Yeah! Brit Phantoms, I would go for half a dozen at least of those!  :punk:  I have the decals sheets from Meteor Production and you can do a bunch of those Brits. :yahoo:

Edited by dora9