PCM 1/32 Tempest Build

alaninaustria

Thanks Peter and Martin! Appreciate your comments!!

Martin: I am thinking of hanging the drop tanks on her- still not 100% convinced about that.... Really trying to preserve the beautiful lines of this war horse!! More to follow...

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

Anybody have suggestions about the best way to lay down a coat of future? I've never sprayed it before and need some advice!! Thanks!

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

Super job with the insignia masks - they're not as easy as you think... But yours look awesome!

Don't know if you've done the Klear yet but... I had a few issues with airbrushing, got mixed results but I never could work out why - tried thinning but wasn't pleased with the results - I now always brush it on - as it's self levelling - it doesn't show any brush marks - looks sprayed & I find it easier to control :) Spraying or brushing - just be very careful about pooling (as it runs!) thin coats built up are much safer than a flood! (particularly if you do spray). Dries very quickly so don't re-go over bits - just do another coat later on. It's touch dry very quickly but if you're doing anything to the top coat (panel lines etc) I'd give it 24 hours to cure to be safe.

Hope that helps..

Guy

Just a quick update: was able to do the fuselage RAF roundels yesterday.... I like how they turned out!! The "J" was placed to help align the roundel... Pretty tedious work though!!

Next up will be the remainder of the aircraft coding, invasion stripes, more weathering and then first coat to give the model a nice protective coating before doing a wash...

Cheers

Alan

imagejpg1_zpscca8665a.jpg

Edited by alaninaustria

Really appreciate the encouragement gentlemen! Am on an overnight in Vienna today, looking forward to getting some bench time in later next week!!

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria