PCM 1/32 Tempest Build

alaninaustria

Thanks Alan,

That is why these forums ( fora) are for. To Exchange information.

Cheers

Cees

Cees, absolutely spot on mate! I must admit I've done otherwise a few times over the years!! Guilty as charged!

Cheers and thanks again for the save on the tyres!

Alan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings! I made some progress with this aircraft! Have started to align the main and tailwheel landing gear... Before painting I had already aligned, drilled and positioned the main oleos but, now I have discovered a few discrepancies in alignment accuracy!!! I really tried to avoid having to do this after painting, but those are the points of the hobby that make it interesting!!

Anyhow, not much to see....

image.jpg1_zpsrgcbdbne.jpg

I normally glue smaller and delicate parts to old sprue runners for priming and painting! Here you can see the pitot tube and the two inner gear door hydraulic actuators (which unfortunately weren't included in the kit):

image.jpg3_zpspr5h0ujt.jpg

There is always a challenge in the limited run kits, that is why I enjoy building them!!

More to follow!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

Guest Peterpools

Alan

Fantastic work and the small details at the end are always the hardest and some of the most important.

Looking mighty good

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Hallo mate,what s up?which green did you use for wells and 'pit?-by the way i mlooking for a prt from Trump s Razorback,the cockpit s back wall(with the headrest,is there anything you can do?(or any idea what i can do?)-cheers

Hello gentlemen! Thanks for the nice input - I do appreciate it! Another small update... painted up the Baracuda Resin tyres and added the 'creep marker indicators'... I've hit a pretty hard roadblock with this build as I have discovered too late that the rotational pivot point of the main gear legs are not correctly aligned which has set my main gear geometry off a little... and has left no real room to add the gear doors properly.. so, I have scratch built the small outer gear doors and have completed one scratch built main gear door... the other will be finished in time... the new doors are more scale like in thickness which allows both doors to be properly placed! Lesson learned: before hitting the limited run kits in the future I will make double sure that the gear geometry etc is all up to specs!! I love building these kits, and the PCM kit is really nice, I just need to pay more attention to the small details!

image.jpg1_zpsmm6osuqz.jpg

Cheers and happy modelling as always!

Alan

@Hayaman: Soory, bro I can't help you with regards to the Razorback... I discovered after painting the Tempest gear wells that they should be either natural metal or silver doped, not RAF Green! ;)

Edited by alaninaustria