What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

Guest Peterpools

Whatever happened to the Golden Age of Aviation: 1920-1939? So little is really available. USN and USAAF subjects alone of great interest:

Vindicator

Devastator

Helldiver

Grumman FF-1. F2F, F3F

Shrike

The list could go on and on. And of course, new kits of the old Hasegawa and William kits.

Geuss that's why we call it a wish list

Peter

RAF twins such as Hampden, Whitley, Beaufort, Blenheim, a flock of heavies such as Halifax, Stirling.

And some single engined ones such as Defiant, Whirlwind, some later ones MB 5, later series Spits.

Cees

For me the following would be nice, as injection moulded kits

Boulten Paul Defiant

Hawker Hurricanes of various later marks, plus Sea Hurricane

Fairey Fulmar

Fairey Firefly

Fairey Battle

Fairey Barracuda

Supermarine Seafires

Westland Whirlwind

Blackburn Skua

Gloster Meteor FI - FIII.  Ok Paul Fisher is slated to bring out a conversion for the FIII

Gloster E28/39

Plus everything Soviet WW2, I think the Mig 3 is the only one out as an injection moulded kit.

And where are the US aircraft, there are some big gaps, the SB2C comes immediately to mind.

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc

From Airscale, would love to see gauges and such for jets, like F-4;s, A-10's,F-100. Korean is covered.  instrument decals would make a great difference in realism for more modern aircraft. My 2 cents....Harv

Two groups in my opinion:

1) Been done, need new kit: Mosquito, Hurricane tops that one for me

2) Hasn't been done: La-5/5FN, LaGG-3 tops the list for me, apart from that Yak 1,3,7,9, B-26 and Devastator

Now some of the been done's are quite allright, but short run (PCM). I deliberately excluded the very large (B-24 etc) since I wont be getting them anyway

Edited by Thomas Lund

My wish list:

• F-101 Voodoo, F-106 Delta Dart, F-111
  • B-26 Marauder, A-26 Invader, C-47
  • Helldiver, Devastator, Kingfisher
  • Pe-2, Il-4, Lagg's, Yak's, La's
  • Betty, Val, Kate
  • Buccaneer, Draken, Viggen
  • RA-5 Vigilante, EA-6B
  • CH-53E Super Stallion, CH-46 Sea Knight

Don't forget, there's an OV-10D Bronco in the works as well.

Kai

Subjects waver a little due to what's been announced, including quality conversions. Currently hoping for, in no particular order:

F-106A

Voodoos, esp RF-101C + F-101B

Saab J.35 Drakens - as somebody else noted, I would build every nation's key variant + the pretty schemes - seven might just do it!

F-111A/E

EA-6B

*new tool/retooled* A-7 SLUFs

MiG-25RB

MiG-23U/UB twin-seater

Su-15 Flagon

Jaguar

Spey Toom

Buccaneer

Late version Halifax

Tony

I can tell you now that Tamiya will not release a F4U-4! You better hope someone else does one. I would realyy like to see Academy upscale their F-4B and F-4C to 1/32 scale. They would be far better than the Tamiya kit. Two of my most wanted are the F-111 and the RF-101C Voodoo. Oh, and throw in an RA-5C also !

Forgot the early WW2 stuff, Poland France and the Low Countries, I may as well add them.

AZUR and Special Hobby have the French fighters mostly covered though the MS406 and D520 could do with being updated, and there are no twin engined aircraft at all (Potez, Breguet anybody).

Where are the PZL 11 and Fokker DXXI, never mind the G1, there are lots of missing aircraft kits for this period of WW2.

Cheers

Dennis

F-101

F-102

F-106

F-111

RA-5

RF-8

F-11

F-2h

F-3

S-3

Fj-3/4

B-57

F-4b/g

EA-6a

EA-6b

S-2

E-2

F-89

F-94

F-86H

C-47

F-84F

F9F-5p

F9F-8p

....i know there are conversions and resin ....but as far as injection molded.....I will expand the list as more come to mind

Edited by Rob Colvin