Col Vic Vizcarra sent me this

Thank You  Peter and Tom

Having to get through all the cutting is tough on this old mans Carpel tunnel and filling and sanding the big holes is a pain.

I will get more pictures,  but first I'm taking some lessons to help me with my pictures. I sure hope my instructor knows what he got into?

Thanks again

jack

Jack, NASA put a monkey in space.. We can teach you to use a camera!  Keep the faith!

Paul 

1010029_498886893514685_205435898_n.jpg942360_498886890181352_1913825423_n.jpgWell it seems like 2 days or sanding and filling to get these to a point I can live with,  Let's see,..Sunday....Monday   Yep! 2 days.

I also  thinned the front IP so I can cut it up and shorten it and cut out the windows in the bulkhead behind the pilot.....This used to be a trainer.IMAG0003.jpgIMAG0032.jpgIMAG0013-2.jpgIMAG0028-1.jpg

Edited by marauderdriver

Jack, NASA put a monkey in space.. We can teach you to use a camera!  Keep the faith!

Paul 

Don't count on it, Paul

WARNING:  to anyone who has the CE replacement nose...DO NOT cut back the model's nose as per the instructions.....YOU'LL BE SORRY!

It' will not fit and you will be like me and have to try to find the parts you cut off or have to build up the area with scrap plastic.

Have I mentioned lately "I  HATE AM PARTS"       Not yours Harold or Gary or Master Details 

1step forward  3 steps back   13 days and I just painted my first part and glued the pieces that I could find back on the nose area  OH POOP!!

jack

Don't count on it, Paul

WARNING:  to anyone who has the CE replacement nose...DO NOT cut back the model's nose as per the instructions.....YOU'LL BE SORRY!

It' will not fit and you will be like me and have to try to find the parts you cut off or have to build up the area with scrap plastic.

Have I mentioned lately "I  HATE AM PARTS"       Not yours Harold or Gary or Master Details 

1step forward  3 steps back   13 days and I just painted my first part and glued the pieces that I could find back on the nose area  OH POOP!!

jack

DANG Jack sorry to hear about your setback!  I haven't used that set yet so I guess I should be thankful!  I'm sure you'll figure it all out though, you're a resourceful dude!

I have faith in ya!

Your friend,

Paul 

Jack,

an old saying in modeling is that  "its easier to take off more plastic than it is to ad it back on!"  kind a like carpenters...measure twice cut once.

sorry to hear you had problems

Opps Jack, but your fair through it, I'm sure. And the only color I have is some aluminum on my front fans for the engines........Harv :popcorn:

Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with the CE radome but they were bad for that with their instructions. Is that resin you used to fill the fuselage with? Progress maybe slow but you are making progress! I'm enjoying watching this come together. Good work!

Sorry for the delay as I ignored this thread til now

PAUL@     Thanks, and I'll get back to it soon ........jack

Bruce@   Thanks, I cut where the CE instructions said to cut,  I should have test fitted but I ASSumed they knew what they were doing..,,jack

harv@      Thanks, I may be up on you as I have the first coat of gray in the cockpit......jack

Vitali  and  Mike@   You both win the prize (to be named later)  yes that is resin I used after I found a use for the bomb bay doors that come in the kit

for backing on the holes.   I should have test fitted the nose, but I was in a cutting mood that day and ASSumed that CE knew what they

were doing.    Maybe why they went OTB.      Thanks Guy's........jack

Yepp, that was the mistake. AM companies just add instructions due to governmental regulations, not to be used by modellers... :mental:

You should have known that! :fight:

Serious:

Feeling the pain too!

**** happens :BANGHEAD2:

At least the rare resin set was not destroyed. Given your resin-for-putty skills you should be able to fix the nose issue :hmmm:

Would be a loss to toss the project into the garbage. How many finished EF-105 builds are out there...? :frantic:

Nicht jammern, kaempfen! :ninja:

(inofficial slogan of German ground forces, "No whining, fighting!")

We are with you

- dutik

Well my only excuse is I had a "BRAIN-F@RT!

I'm putting my cockpit set up for sale or trade and I may do the same with the CE stuff!

I'll probably sell all the ZM P/E and metal landing gear too...maybe....I don't know?

THANK YOU GUY'S for the SUPPORT during my little CRISIS!

jack

Jack!!!

Pull Yourself Together

DO NOT GIVE UP...You can get through this man!!  :crying:

I'm having rough times with mine right now, but I am NOT going to let it beat me, and you shouldn't either.

Just "WALK AWAY".......then come back again and get back to work  or I will  :fight:  :fight:

Watching you back my friend!!!  :wicked:

Wishing you a much smoother time from today and ahead. 

Mother Teresa  :D