Col Vic Vizcarra sent me this

Thanks Derek,  This came up out of nowhere and my heart is still running 1000mph.  He was checking us out about a 1/2 hr ago.  I definitely am Honored to do this....jack 

Thanks Paul,  Sorry for the sudden shift,  but this is TOO COOL!  if I do say so myself :frantic:  :frantic: .....jack

Thanks John,   This really pulled my UP  from my slow start, and I know you'll get through that blending(grinding) on your Crusader.......jack

Lots of Grinding of Plastic.....I get myself into more FUN then I can stand, but I do have lot's of support from people on this site and a little OUTSIDE influence..I know you removed the spine on yours, so any tip will be most appreciated ........jack

Thanks Harv,  I guess I've received some Good KARMA, and I'm going to do my best on this :piliot:  :wacko: .....jack

Jack,

there a couple ways to eliminate the spine.  One would be to cut off the small spine.  this will leave a gap on the top that has to be filled.  there is a panel line on either side of the large hump that if extended would come to a point on the center line on top.  the center line of the large hump as it continues down should intersect the top of the fuselage at about the same point as the extended lines.  that gives you a general idea of where the hump comes to a point.  I used Milliput to make the generalshape of the extended hump because you can mold it like clay by using a wet finger.  when dry I finish sanded the shape.  when the tail is glue on you have to taper it into the top of the fuselage.  Also, you may want to copy the shape o the fuel cell access panels that are molded on the top of the fuselage because you'll have to scribe them back in.  they are the oval shaped panels that are partially hidden by the existing spine.

hope this helps a little

Bruce

Jack, great choice of markings. I have the sheet and i would do them but to many ladies at home. So, I will sure lose the battle on this jet. Glad to hear you were able to make contact with the Pilot of that jet. It sure is nice way to put fire to your building mojo  :coolio:  :rofl:

Seriously, cool stuff man. Looking forward to more updates  :wicked:

Nice choice!  I did his camo bird a few years back using the Cutting Edge decals.  It's on display at Piper Hobby in Chantilly, VA...with the interesting nose art covered up.... :rofl:

Jack

Nice to see you back in the saddle and focused on the Thud.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter,  A different Thud, but a Thud just the same.....jack

Jack,

this is whay my 105D looked like before it went to Nam.  note that it didn't have the aft fuselage cooling vent.

24234.jpg

Bruce, Thanks for the pic and the input on 'The Spine Removal" Operation, I was thinking milliput on this...shoulda used it on the F but didn't think of it at the time. My milliput experience is new and I still forget I have it............jack

Jack, great choice of markings. I have the sheet and i would do them but to many ladies at home. So, I will sure lose the battle on this jet. Glad to hear you were able to make contact with the Pilot of that jet. It sure is nice way to put fire to your building mojo  :coolio:  :rofl:

Seriously, cool stuff man. Looking forward to more updates  :wicked:

HiMike, Fortunately all the LADIES in my house except one, have four legs :rofl:  And it definitely set a Fire under my butt...........jack

Jack, I added your name and new project to the list! Get to building! :)

All the best,

Paul 

Thanks Paul

Nice choice!  I did his camo bird a few years back using the Cutting Edge decals.  It's on display at Piper Hobby in Chantilly, VA...with the interesting nose art covered up.... :rofl:

Thanks Tim,  I was a little concerned it first, so I discussed this with the moderators, and we agreed that this is a HISTORICAL fact in this G/B :rolleyes: . I'm

trying to keep this "TACTFUL", but accurate and probably refer to her as PG1 and it will be awhile before I have to be concerned about the

art work.  We will deal with that when the time comes.  This has for me become a build for the Man who flew this A/C, who is a "Fighter Jock",

but within the realm of a public fourm here.     But most of all it is History and there is a lot of Nose -art out there.....jack

Well dutik,

There will be a EF-105F....eventually !     But circumstances changed, and I can NOT resist this opportunity to build this for someone who not only was there,but

a lot of us know about a decal sheet that depicts his airplane.  He is now bookmark this site and will be looking in on our progress.......speaking of which

I need to shut this thing off and get some progress going.

jack

Yes Sir it does,  Just can't let it put any pressure on, but I feel confident that I can pull it off.  T he funny thing is I could build a F-4D for my brother, but I

love the Thud and that is what I had in mind to build. I guess it's because I have about 5 projects of his other a/c not from this G/B.

jack

Two Thuds are better than one. You might also earn a ribbon for keeping history alive and honouring a vet - if you finish the project in time, of course :coolio:  So you are excused. For now :beer:

I'd just keep at hand the tools and devices for building a Thud - to make the second one :fight:

regards

- dutik

Nice- I love it when a build has a story behind it and this is a great one.  Looking forward to your build!

Thank you Sir.........jack

Good Luck Jack!

Great way to honor someone a special individual and what he flew.

Teresa  :)

Thank you Teresa  This man flew a lot of missions  on multiple tours and as I go along on this build I'm going to be asking him a lot of questions to have more of his story...jack

Two Thuds are better than one. You might also earn a ribbon for keeping history alive and honouring a vet - if you finish the project in time, of course :coolio:  So you are excused. For now :beer:

I'd just keep at hand the tools and devices for building a Thud - to make the second one :fight:

regards

- dutik

HI dutik,  I guess to start to answer your question about who Capt Vizcarra is and why I started this build is the DECAL sheet with his art work that he painted on

this aircraft.  He did this because he relized that the KC-135 Boom operators were used to refueling bib B-52's and had a hard time with the smaller fighters, like

F-105. He thought that if he gave the operators a "Target" it would focus their attention more on what they were doing. It apparently it had the desired effect, as

later on a new tour, he painted another one on his camouflaged 105,hence the number 1 in the title..........Stay tuned  :beer4:           jack

Edited by marauderdriver

Well I never said I was SANE!         Believe it of not, I'm going to use the Avionix  F-105D cockpit set with the kit seat. :mental:  As much as I B*%ed, moaned,

and complained about AM crap, I have been looking, test fitting and figuring how not to waste this set. I have come

up with what I can do to use it, and if successful I"ll stop B.M&C about AM........maybe :deadhorse: . I can make a couple of cuts in the

IP to lower it and if I can't grind down the coaming sufficiently, I'll make one with tissue like my "G" model. Here Goes!c120a39c-6ac3-4d84-91aa-300d7659baed.jpgIMG_0227.jpgIMG_0229.jpgIMG_0233.jpgIMG_0238.jpg

Edited by marauderdriver