Fabster

1/32nd Pilatus PC-7 from Scratch - 07/04 Spinner & Air Intakes

Guest Peterpools

Fab

Holy Cow, does the Pilatus look fantastic.

Keep 'em comig'

Peter

_DSC5431_zpsf5726f38.jpg

Fab

Good Lord buddy, this is looking amazing work...I want one. So, if I say your my new hero...will that work...

me getting one....:D

Mike

That looks superb - I can only imagine the sense of accomplishment you must feel at moments like that. ALL the work is yours and there'll be no other like it.

Tom

Thank you for your comment, Tom. I am certainly having a feeling of "self-pride" because at first I wasn't too sure I could even start with a project like this.

I do know for a fact it could be so much better but given this is my first serious attempt at finishing something from scratch, truth is I am very happy with what I've accomplished this far.

Lets just hope I wont disappoint in the end!

Fab

Gentlemen, 

For the past week or so I've been working back in the cockpit. As you may remember from a few pages back, the tub was just a basic shape devoid of any detail.

Well it was time to spice this up a little and I started with one of the instrument panels and it's central column.  Based on several reference shots (and a 3D model created by my good friend Patrick) I believe I was able to come up with a close approximation to what the real thing looks like, using a Micromart Punch-and-die, plasticard sheet and styrene rods of different calibers, besides high magnification glasses, steady hand, patience, an array of bad words I didnt know I knew and of course quite a few glasses of wine to round it up, ha!

And here is what i came up with afterwards.  I hope you like the end results!

_DSC5703_zps719d716b.jpg

_DSC5667_zps1afe11e4.jpg

_DSC5629_zps8127e2f0.jpg

panel2-03apr2014_zps36bbc820.jpg

Cheers, all.

Fab

Guest Peterpools

Fab

What an awesome looking IP

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Fabian,

You are one talented, modest modeler...

Your work on the Pilatus is stupendous and your Scratchbuilding is second to none with Neat and flawless workmanship ..

Keep doing what you are doing... It's AMAZING..

:punk:

:thumbsup:

:clap2:

:yahoo:

Edited by MARU5137

That's very, very neat and very, very nice! You should really think about turning this gem into a kit - I am pretty sure there are quite many potential customers around! Keep up the good work!

Dear Fabian,

great work all around, it just keeps getting better and better :)

keep up the great work, I truely enjoy your fabouless work!

Best regards

Mikkel

That is truly outstanding work!  Cant wait for the next installment! Years after my last scratchbuild, it makes me want to give it another go.... will have to give it some serious thought.

Dave/Ironman1945

In my opinion it's always impressive to see someone scratch build a collection of parts or in this case an entire airplane. When it's done with this kind of precision though, that's something else again. Like Tom said, "Brilliant!".

Cheers,

Wolf