RoG new Bf109G6 in at Sprue

Dave Williams

wow - what a great price - German WW2 is not so much my cup of tea unfortunately - now if they would do some allied aircraft...

Nothing against the Tamiya Mustang - its brilliant - but can ya imagine a under $30 accurate well done but basic RoG kit of the P-51?

If it's here stateside, I should be getting mine in the mail soon... :m0152:

Rowen, I used to think like you, but doing some research in to the Luftwaffe, I changed my mind. Fascinating stuff :thumbsup:

Cheers, Ian

Hey Guys, my knowledge of German WWII stuff is weak at best. However, I have this question. If you're gonna do one -109 for your collection, would the G-6 be the one? Is it like a P-51D, is that the definitive BF-109 of WWII? Thanks for any help.

Chuck

Edited by otis252

Hey Guys, my knowledge of German WWII stuff is weak at best. However, I have this question. If you're gonna do one -109 for your collection, would the G-6 be the one? Is it like a P-51D, is that the definitive BF-109 of WWII? Thanks for any help.

Chuck

It was the most produced version of the 109. If I only got to build one it would probably be the G-6, thank goodness I can build all I want!

Chuck

I wouldn't really compare it to the P-51D since there were so many flavors of 109, but if I were to commit to just one, it'd be the G-6. And then I'd go crazy trying to land one the single scheme I would tackle!

Chuck

Hi Chuck, since the F thru K are shapewise 'generally' the same,

it usually becomes a matter of which paint scheme appeals to you

the most. I believe one of the reasons the 109 is such a popular

modelling subject is because there are roughly a zillion different

marking/scheme options to choose from.

If you're gonna do just one tho, this kit looks like a good choice

at a nice price with lottsa cool schemes to choose from.

Would the G-6 be appropriate for the Avia CS-199 conversions? I know most of the earlier conversions wanted the G-10 kit, but would a G-6 late accomplish the same thing?

Matt :frantic:

I believe the 199 had the large G-10 style wing bulges for the wheels which are not included in the Revell G-6 kit, although most 109 builders usually have some of these in their spares box that they'd be willing to part with. Layout of the kit suggests that Revell will do some other variants of the 109 as well, hopefully a G-10 (and an Erla production G-10!!!). My concern would be getting a conversion designed for a Hasegawa kit grafted on to a Revell kit, their layout and design is significantly different.