Telford - It's that time of the year again!

Royboy

Well, all being well Iain, I shall have a Hudson with wings on and possible a Tunnan WIP ;) So that's a yes from me..

I will be there both days next year too as I need to shut off from my business for a few days, it's almost like I haven't been this weekend :doh:

Good to meet people again though! :)

Edited by Radders

Went on the Saturday. My first ever model show and I'll be popping along next year for sure. Main lesson learned was next year, take more cash! Wanted to buy the HPH ME410 but had spent a little too much elsewhere and when I went to the cash machine realised I'd hit my daily limit. Oops. Will have to order one online instead. I swear though some people went out of their way to bump into me. 

Indeed,

This was a terrific weekend. However, taking more cash is a WRONG idea! The HPH guys took a lot of our cash ;-)

I had fun shaking hands of people I've virtually met some years ago! Shopping was also very interesting with attractive discount prices. The halls were full of modellers with plastic bags on the Saturday. For instance, on the morning, there was a 25 minutes queue to get access to the Zoukei-Moura reseller!

It was also nice to have a little bit of time to discuss with some people. I think we have to thank Iain and the others for this effort. His Tante Ju is really inspiring! I was also amazed when I had the opportunity to look closely at the Sea Fury. What a model!

Too bad time was so short. I'd have been glad to have more time to share with other guys...!

Last, I purchased the two first Airfix models for my son. Based on the Lego system, they are sturdy, quite accurate and may be build and un-build easily. Highly recommended!

Thierry

SMW 2013 was great and Peter and myself came over from Amsterdam and we had some great chats at the LSP tables. Impressive display also.

I have posted on the Dutch IPMS NL site over 250 photo's last Monday. Due to LSP database shut down last Monday I could not post this earlier, but anyway.... look at the IPMS NL website pages at:

http://www.ipms.nl/component/content/article/41-evenementen/1627-ipms-uk-telford-2013.html

had a great time and really enjoyed meeting a lot of folk (in the few minutes I could run away form my stand..)

Special thanks to Iain and Roy for looking after me and putting all the hours in to bring another stunning display together :clap2:

roll on next year - who knows, I may have a part completed Sea Hornet and a painted finished Sea Fury (jury is still out on that one...)

TTFN
Peter

And back on unpacking...

Found some items I don't recall buying in one of the packing boxes - if anyone's lost anything please drop me a pm!

And reason for thinking smaller? I've been unpacking 27 built 1:32 models and three ongoing projects - next year I'd like to take a lot less and preserve what's left of my sanity!  :)

(With apologies to anyone I barked at during close-down - not helped when they switched all the lights off!  :mental: )

RoyBoy has the patience of a saint!

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Sounds as if a great time was had by all!!!

I really have wanted to go to Merry Olde England for quite a while. Made it to and competed in one IPMS show in Dayton ,Ohio many years ago. I have seen the most of the prime aviation Museums here in the States USAFM in Daton, Naval Aiviation Museum in Pesacola, Air and Space Museum in DC, Pima Air Museum in Tucson as well as the boneyard New England Air Museum in Connecticut but have ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted to visit the IWM in Duxford.

I likes (liked) the beer Ice cold though!!!

Sooooo D-day theme next year if I start on a vac B26 Marauder NOW.

Glad you all had a grand time sorry I was not there totally jealous.

Yes picts please.

Jon