WNW announces...

LSP_Mike

Richard Alexander has been quoted thusly regarding a Sopwith Camel:

"As an example, a project we have recently begun investigating is the much requested Sopwith Camel. I expect this
iconic machine will take at least a couple of years before it is ready to release."

So, good news for us WWI types, and even with a gestation of a couple of years, I'm sure most of us have plenty to build in the mean-time.

Wow, a Camel!! That's excellent news!! If there was an iconic Allied aircraft from the First War that was it. The Camel wore some very interesting and colourful personal markings too.

Maybe that means WNW might reconsider doing a Fokker Triplane too? Funny, how one piece of good news on the modelling front usually starts speculation about other subjects.

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

Wow, a Camel!! That's excellent news!! If there was an iconic Allied aircraft from the First War that was it. The Camel wore some very interesting and colourful personal markings too.

Maybe that means WNW might reconsider doing a Fokker Triplane too? Funny, how one piece of good news on the modelling front usually starts speculation about other subjects.

Richard

I'd like to see a triplane too and especially a D.VI

Great to see them doing a Camel but shame it's years away. That said I haven't got any Wingnut kits yets as they're virtually impossible to get in the UK.

Huh?? How so? Hannants have them? And Arrow-Wolf carried a few for some time...

NICE!

Ive been waiting for this.................as I speak Im going to pick up my Sopwith Tripe..........which in certain angles one can really see its big brother.

Cant wait!

Now, as mentioned above, we now need the ALSO much requested Dr I!

Hey if they are breaking down and doing a Camel (which was TOTALLY an obvious choice here IMHO, as popular or not, it is jsut that, and the other releases are OOP/rare/hard to get) Im sure they get just as many requests to do a German tripe so why not...........although I do have the Encore offering and it really is not a bad kit at all.

Good for them. The Hobbycraft Camel second release is better than the first, but it seems that all we see on ebay is the first one. At the very least we would see Pheon and others come out with a whole pile of markings.

Maybe someone will do that interesting post WWI Georgian machine with the bent crosses on the wings and finally sort out if they were blue or black in color. (or maybe that is another do it yourself decal).

And I am certain you will get Brown's machine, but will you get Snoopy's Camel as well? Documentation is a bit vague on that one.

Tnarg

Huh?? How so? Hannants have them? And Arrow-Wolf carried a few for some time...

So they do. I've never looked for some strange reason............probably because i read somewhere that they would only be available from Wingnuts site.

Even HLJ re-sells WNW kits in Japan (and mail order to anywhere else), so there are a number of countries with the importing done by a second party. Not cheap, but possibly a better deal with local tax issues, etc..

Tnarg