WNW announces...

LSP_Mike

Guest Dekenba

So they do. I've never looked for some strange reason............probably because i read somewhere that they would only be available from Wingnuts site.

I'm in Wales and I've a lot of WNW kits.

They deliver them free of charge via airmail, making them very easy to get hold of and generally cheaper than buying via a retailer.

eBay always seems to have a couple of WNW kits.

Buy one, but budget 20% VAT plus an £8 handling fee. Even so, great value and outstanding kits in every respect.

Just because something is popular is not necessarily a reason to poo-poo it.

There are a TON of colorful markings out there for Camels for the AM guys (or WnW themselves), and Id definitely buy and build a WnW version. However, I have no desire or intention to go chasing down a 2nd release HC Camel.

Same with the Me 109. Dont really like it, and never have, but if tamiya came out with one, they would sell a TON of them.

Simply supply and demand. People want/asked for a WnW Camel, and now WnWs is going to deliver. They will sell a ton of them and Ill be one of those buyers as long as I can find some unique or unusual decals schemes for it.

A BIG HO HUM. :popcorn: There is already a Camel kit around in 1/32. What we need is more kits from WNW of airplanes that have never been produced before. WNW is doing a super job in doing just that. They should keep up the good work.

The Camel is available in 1/32 scale: buy the HOBBYCRAFT HC-1681 Sopwith Camel F-1 and them improve it.

WNW is doing a wonderful service to modelers by bring out many airplanes that have never been done before in 1/32.

Hoo Haa for WNW. :thumbsup:

Stephen

To me it is good news. Sure, there is the 2nd HC release, but where can it be had (and) for a reasonable price? Ebay? I have tried for months. The WNW will be nicer, available, more than one marking choice, and from the cost I see for the HC kit, cheaper. But then once it is released, the HC 2 kit will miraculously become available and at a reasonable cost which is one more cheer for WNW!

A Camel? Am I the only one saying ho-hum here? I have a second edition Hobbycraft Camel, and it is a FINE kit in every way. We need another Camel or Dr.1 like we need a hole in the head!

A BIG HO HUM. There is already a Camel kit around in 1/32. What we need is more kits from WNW of airplanes that have never been produced before. WNW is doing a super job in doing just that. They should keep up the good work.

The Camel is available in 1/32 scale: buy the HOBBYCRAFT HC-1681 Sopwith Camel F-1 and them improve it.

Stephen

Ah, I see the problem here. You guys are modellers and are happy to modify and update a kit or beat a recalcitrant model into submission. Have you ever built the HC Camel? Plastic assemblers like myself would relish a kit that is beautifully engineered to the point that we just shake the box and out tumbles a fully assembled Camel. I would love to have struts that click into place in the correct alignment where I don't have to measure and trim everything to fit. All of that lovely interior detail accurately portrayed to pick out with some delicate paintwork.

Life's too short to wrestle with ill-fitting and in-accurate model kits.

WNW, bring it on! :innocent: I'll buy one :goodjob:

p.s, Stephen, I don't think that WNW will put everything else on hold until the Camel comes out. I'm pretty sure there will be other stuff along the way? ^_^

Edited by geedubelyer

Ah, I see the problem here. You guys are modellers and are happy to modify and update a kit or beat a recalcitrant model into submission. Have you ever built the HC Camel? Plastic assemblers like myself would relish a kit that is beautifully engineered to the point that we just shake the box and out tumbles a fully assembled Camel. I would love to have struts that click into place in the correct alignment where I don't have to measure and trim everything to fit. All of that lovely interior detail accurately portrayed to pick out with some delicate paintwork.

Life's too short to wrestle with ill-fitting and in-accurate model kits.

WNW, bring it on! :innocent: I'll buy one :goodjob:

p.s, Stephen, I don't think that WNW will put everything else on hold until the Camel comes out. I'm pretty sure there will be other stuff along the way? ^_^

Second that to the very last word

Jozef

Yes, I know. After all, there are other Albatros kits on the market besides WNW's. No problem, I simply do not want to see WNW's production schedule watered down by making their versions of existing kits. WW1 is a previously untapped cornucopia of interesting and fascinating aeroplanes.This was the era of innovation in all directions as the industry was really in its infancy. So many interesting planes were produced under wartime pressure, one does not even know where to start.

HooHah for WNW :party0023:

Stephen

This must surely be because I picked up two of the 2nd release HC Camels at the last show for $15 (for both). I'm sure I'll still end up getting the WnW one when it comes out as well.

Doug

Good for WNW whatever they make, even the Camel, but please don't let them get distracted from things like the Salmson and the rumored Breguet 14. Keep the two seaters coming, and give us some more of the planes no one else will do. (HB Starstrutter, Aviatik Berg, Lohner, on and on and on). If they build it, we will come (and buy them in case lots).

Thank you, Sir Peter and Team,

Tnarg

I think WNW has been around long enough and have released enough kits to fully understand what their true business plans are. They have had sell outs, on two kits, but we don't know how many kits were in those production runs. I'm no expert when it comes to niche marketing in 1:32 scale WWI aircraft, but I think they produced more kits of their Fokker d vii (fok), than they ever dreamed of producing Gotha bombers or Junkers j-1 or the two kits they sold out off. Why? Popularity. As I've said before I'm sure when they sit down and say what's next, they don't say let's make something that will be a huge flop, and embarrass themselves. Billionaire or not mr. Jackson has too much pride in his name to be associated with failure. They have stuck more than their toe in the water to test it, and must have a good idea where they want to go. Maybe that's camels, Dr I's or Nieuport 17's. Perhaps it's rare two seat scouts. They know and we don't. I e never bought into the whole notion that they weren't going to produce kits of that already have a kit. That may have been their frame of mind at the time. However they now have more market knowledge and experience. I will cede that bottom line profitability is less important to this company than revell or hasegawa etc etc. They have a lower cost structure than a company like Tamiya, which tools kits, distributes to wholesalers and then to retailers. Keeping considerably less the $140 the kit sells for. WNW keeps all of what they sell their kits for. All this being said they will still try to be profitable on each kit released. They didn't get my money until the Fokker d vii's came out. I have 5 WNW kits only one the J-1 is not considered mainstream.

If the voice of the Internet modeling community was producing cars I fear there would be a whole lot of Homers flooding the market. All modelers seem to know best for companies to produce.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=CpPuYGPcvD4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCpPuYGPcvD4

If WNW is listening then hear this produce what you'd like. I'm going to vote with my wallet. There are one or two more of your existing kits I'd like. After that based on what you have shown us of projects in development the Camel is all I'm waiting for.

Ron

Really a Hobbycraft Camel or Roden Dr1 compares to a WW one like comparing Tamiya one to one one by say Hobbycraft!!!

The comparisons in engineering fit and detail are so huge as to be not worth pointing out.

"We need another Camel like a whole in the head"??

Not sure what Camels you build but the Hobbycraft kit is light years from anything WW have released in terms of detail,research engineering..

Something like Tamiya versus 80's Airfix...