Hobbycraft Sea Fury Hawker Company demonstrator G-AKRY

airscale

Guest Peterpools

Peter

Awesome progress ... the rivets and panel line a dead on the money.

If I could only come close ..but alas, I most likely never will be that talented.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Edited by Peterpools

A civil Sea Fury? Be still my beating heart!

Fantastic work. I love the combination of kit and superb scratchbuilding. And that from a lifelong scratchbuilder who has only just bought his first kits since childhood!

Martin

Don't quit, guys, be inspired. Each amazing piece is simple, there's just a LOT of 'em!

I'm having trouble getting used to this 1/32nd stuff, even though I make a living from making 1/32nd scale slot car masters!

But these aircraft are quite a different kettle of fish.

Martin

I'm having trouble getting used to this 1/32nd stuff, even though I make a living from making 1/32nd scale slot car masters!

But these aircraft are quite a different kettle of fish.

You may find Martin, like many of us have, that they're quite addictive!

Kev

Agreed.............there is something about this scale IMHO that is really a great combination of impressive size, abundant subjects, quality kits, and the ability to super detail like no other major scale.

Don't quit, guys, be inspired. Each amazing piece is simple, there's just a LOT of 'em!

Oh I'm definitely inspired!

I dabble a little bit in scratch building, but mostly I just suffer from AMS and buy up all the aftermarket available for my kits haha

Maybe one day I'll be able to do work like Peter, it would certainly be easier on my wallet (but perhaps not my sanity :P )

I am already getting quite a taste for it. The other advantage is that on dioramas I have all the 1/32nd scale slot body knowledge, so there'll rarely be an aircraft on show without a suitable car for which I've also made the master!

Having said that, my son is building an old Williams Caudron with a GT Models Talbot Lago, neither of which I had ought to do with!

But that is set to change!

Martin

Oh I'm definitely inspired!

I dabble a little bit in scratch building, but mostly I just suffer from AMS and buy up all the aftermarket available for my kits haha

Maybe one day I'll be able to do work like Peter, it would certainly be easier on my wallet (but perhaps not my sanity :P )

ME TOO !..........Harv

thanks for the encouragement chaps :)

..back again with a bit more done - a big step in getting the wings assembled...

...first the u/c bay needed fixing to the bottom wing - carefully c/a'd it into place...

WIP517_zps7c16ca90.jpg

...all seems to fit...

WIP518_zps61d8dff4.jpg

...hmmm, a problem - it seems fitting all that stuff in the fuselage has bowed out the wing roots a bit - you can see where the top wing would be out of alignment...

...have to work out how to deal with it later..

WIP519_zps4f3b654f.jpg

WIP520_zps4edd8bcd.jpg

WIP521_zps15a34bf6.jpg

..as I was closing the wings, I had to fit the identification lights and lenses - here is a lens ready to go in. I scribed into clear sheet through the light apeture and cut it to fit...

WIP522_zps0d415e00.jpg

...and here is the first one fitted into place...

WIP523_zps47e6e2fe.jpg

...and the second - I also walled in the aileron housings..

WIP524_zpsedd15ba1.jpg

..eventually cemented the whole lot together with spots of c/a and running liquid poly around the edges...

WIP526_zpsd3fb5466.jpg

..starting to get an airframe together after nearly a year...... pfff

WIP528_zps7187cdd6.jpg

thats it for now - it's going to be a bit of a struggle to hit the end of the GB as I have business trips to India and the Phillipines in the next few months so building will be a bit sporadic..

..really enjoying it though :coolio:

TTFN

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Peter

Terrific progress; seeing the wings and fuselage together is certainly a milestone in the build. I can't believe it's been nearly a year and following the adventure has been a wonderful and enjoyable learning experience.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

i have to say that over the course of my time involved in model forums there are few builds that capture all that is involved in showing a master at work. i have seen incredible builds from incredibly talented builders. this account is several levels above that. i am glad i took the time to tune in and read through the pages to hopefully gleen some information that will in no doubt prove useful in my unworthy attempts to put together something that will hopefully have some similarity to an actual aircraft.

you have shown what is possible with some patience and some thought.

thank you for sharing this project.

joe

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Peter its great when you hit those big lumps together……. :yahoo: all of a sudden you have something that looks like a plane!!!!!

Looking forward to the next update mate – in fact starting to have withdrawals symptoms – I need a fix it's been a while.

:popcorn:

Happy Days – Taff :D