XP-82 Twin Mustang

foiler

Surprise! I finally got one done! This is the finished product of all the molding and pouring that was in the WIP posts I made for the XP/P/F-82 project I started some time ago. This model is from the second set of molds I made, and was built for one of the Investors in Tom Reilly's XP-82 restoration. Now I get to finish my gear-down model, and Make a Night Fighter "C" model for myself. I am about foiled-out right now and need to see if I can still handle an airbrush.....

This model is 100% scratch built and began as a 3D CAD model. The second set of molds contained corrections and changes that were taken directly from the original North American Aviation drawings, and what I learned during my trips to the Douglas, GA restoration site. I have a newfound respect for those folks that make service decals, then have to make the drawings that show where they go!

IMG_9406.jpg

IMG_9405.jpg

IMG_9398.jpg

IMG_9396.jpg

IMG_9394.jpg

IMG_9391.jpg

Just for reference, this is the real one....

XP_82_887_a-Copy2.jpg

Thanks to all of you who have suffered through my trials and tribulations. I really appreciate the support!

Ken

Edited by foiler

wow - incredible!

I was wondering what had happened to this build....it looks awesome :o

a cheeky question, and one that is often asked when presented with great work like this (so please don't take offense) - will you be making the parts available for others to use? Or is this strictly a one off? I know of a couple of people at least who would pay good money for a kit/conversion

once again, the model looks great. I'm really getting into my 'twins' & I think this is one of my favourites, along with the Hs129

wow - incredible!

I was wondering what had happened to this build....it looks awesome :o

a cheeky question, and one that is often asked when presented with great work like this (so please don't take offense) - will you be making the parts available for others to use? Or is this strictly a one off? I know of a couple of people at least who would pay good money for a kit/conversion

once again, the model looks great. I'm really getting into my 'twins' & I think this is one of my favourites, along with the Hs129

Yes, I am making some parts for others right now. Please contact me off-line at kfriend@nctv.com and I will fill you in on what I am doing. Thanks fo asking!

Ken

Guest Peterpools

Absolutely, brilliant craftsmanship. A Gorgeous build. Looking forward to the wheels down, night fight build.

Peter

:yahoo: :yahoo:

Ken, sensational work my friend. I particularly like the simple elegance of the stand.

Kev

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Now for a moment of truth: look closely at the clear plastic of the stand. Turn it 90°. It is an over-the-door close hook.....

And now you know "the rest of the story...."

Ken