Nuremberg News

Scotsman

Ron,

look at that pic my friend: tail wheel is broken, spinner/prop are broken, wing tips are missing, etc....

This can not be representative of the final product (at least I hope it is not!).

Looks like the wheels are not glued but rather sitting on the pants...

We should hold on a bit I belive :closedeyes:

Yep,... years ago (when I worked for a local toy company), the moron sales reps could easily demolish a display piece, (just like any child would). After a toy show was over, they would often bring back boxes of smashed bits that had left our shop as complete items.

• 3 years later...

Oh well here we go...

http://www.primeportal.net/models/nuremberg_2016.htm

Revell Pages 2 and 3,  Lots of pics of the 32nd 262B - to my admittedly uneducated eye , a lot cruder than the Trumpeter model, and there's also a shot of the 32nd  F-18E again too far away to be of much use ..

Trumpeter 1/48th U-boat looks interesting! , as does the 200th Scale HMS Hood!!!

So have at at it - link stolen from Britmodeller!

colinR

Oh well here we go...

{...}

Trumpeter 1/48th U-boat looks interesting! , as does the 200th Scale HMS Hood!!!

{...

colinR

At last someone has understood that 1/200 is the right scale for ships. Juts need some pre-dreadnoughts now for me to go back to ship models ;)

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

I agree! 1/200 is a great scale, but ..................they're so big!! 

I think that destroyers and cruisers would be better for me though, the battlewagons are so impressive but where to display them all? 

I'm seriously looking at the HMS HOOD kit, that looks being more doable than some of the others space wise. 

Getting onto 1/16 scale armour as well, I see more manufacturers are starting up their product ranges now.

Happy days!  :wub:

Hi gents,

never use pictures of models showed during such exhibitions as a view of what you will finally get in the box!

These kits are built for demonstration purposes only and may even be kits produced by competitors...! In the best case, you just have an initial test shot and, again, this is not necessarily what you will find in the box. The reversed Revell Spitfire Mk.II instrument panel only present on the test shot was a good example.

Caveat emptor!

Thierry

Oh well here we go...

http://www.primeportal.net/models/nuremberg_2016.htm

Revell Pages 2 and 3,  Lots of pics of the 32nd 262B - to my admittedly uneducated eye , a lot cruder than the Trumpeter model, and there's also a shot of the 32nd  F-18E again too far away to be of much use ..

So have at at it - link stolen from Britmodeller!

colinR

As mentioned in the other thread, the display model IS the Trumpeter kit in a straight out of the box build.

It indicates that they've cranked out so many kits of just about every other aircraft that they're starting to get down to the ones that were built in the low hundreds, and only flew with one or two air arms.  

Fascinating to see 1/32 moving to the situation of 1/48 and 1/72, where they kit almost anything that was ever imagined, much less built. Especially that Luftwaffe '46 stuff.

Tnarg