ROYAL AIRCRAFT FACTORY S.E.5.a

fozzy

Next up was replicating a seat cushion.Years ago I found some great packing material which when painted looks like leather,here it is.........

se5aplans008-6.jpg

...and with a bit of paint........see what I mean?

se5aplans009-7.jpg

The back rest then was built...again with that plasticky stuff and plastic card!!!

se5aplans018-5.jpg

this was then placed into the cockpit..................

se5aplans029-2.jpg

The next item I scratch built started out as a joke to be honest with you!:) ....but I knocked it up before lunch today just to see if it was possible. I thought I would make a Flare pistol to go in the pistol box I made.Well of course it was going to be really tiny but I had a go any way.After 10 minutes of mucking about with tiny scraps of plastic I came up with this....................

se5aplans010-5.jpg

Could I use it I thought!?...I knew that most of the front part of it you wouldnt see as it goes barrel first into the box....so I continued experimenting and painted it to see what it looks like........

se5aplans015-4.jpg

Edited by fozzy

I have to say I was chuffed!!!(sorry)....and decided to use it and so I put it into the pistol box......

se5aplans017-3.jpg

se5aplans032.jpg

se5aplans030-1.jpg

After lunch I made the last item of the day which is part of the construction for the Instument Panel.................

se5aplans035-1.jpg

Well thats it again.

Once again thanks to any one who is looking in!

Cheers

Martin, that seat leather looks amazing! This is a museum-quality effort my friend.

Kev

Thanks Kev....but I don't know about Museum quality!!...but nice of you to say so!

Yep, lovely crafted details! Pleasure to watch. The seat leather gives me some ideas how I can improve mine :evil_laugh:

Thank you Tomek.......... I'm glad I have given you some ideas!;)

Todays update

Hi guys

Here is an update before we go into the weekend as my Wife is returning from UK tomorrow and I won't have time to do any modelling or updating untill Monday !!:( ....although I am pleased that the wife has returned after 3 odd weeks!:)

Continuing with the cockpit then....here is the control column made from wire and plastic....................

se5aplans002-9.jpg

and with some paint on.....................

se5aplans008-7.jpg

I decided to make some scuff plates that go under the rudder bar....coca cola can again ;)

se5aplans012-4.jpg

I placed a couple of dials and levers onto part of the frame for the cockpit.....................

se5aplans009-8.jpg

On the Port side of the cockpit there is a pump of sorts that has something to do with the engine I think...so from a photograph of the real pump I copied it and came up with this............

se5aplans011-4.jpg

....and with paint on.........

se5aplans014-5.jpg