P-47D Razorback & Corsairs in PTO

Bill Cross

Well, someone did a photoshop of a Tamiya Corsair, just as they did many moons ago for the P-51.

will the mojo work again?

Well it certainly fits the bill for this series of kits.

Now, where is our Hasegawa Corsair. I will build a ton of them...

Well, I believe that the gentleman that did the fake Tamiya P-51 poster some time ago has also done a photoshop of a Tamiya Corsair.

Will the mojo work again?

Id take a Hasegawa or even better yet, a Tamiya F4U so fast................id..............id............well............im not sure what Id do but it would be pretty fast anyway cause either one would make an accurate kit above all the issues with the current choices.

Brian

Sounds like it's time to junk the Corsair idea. I "fixed" the Revell Bf-110G and I won't make that mistake again, and Jerry's no longer in business last I heard.

So it's the Trump Razorback if I can get one for a decent price. Seen lots at $75 but with another $25 shipping.

Sounds like it's time to junk the Corsair idea. I "fixed" the Revell Bf-110G and I won't make that mistake again, and Jerry's no longer in business last I heard.

So it's the Trump Razorback if I can get one for a decent price. Seen lots at $75 but with another $25 shipping.

well, it's a big kit in a big box

Luckymodel have it stock, airmail all in to you is $100 or so

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=TP02262

but they also have a sale on now, so there might be 105 discount on that i think...

but EricYY has it listed at $61, but you will have to email and order it, and ask him how long it will take to get in stock

http://www.ericyymodel.com/

hope this helps

Nick

Thanks, Bob, the shipping from Honkers is $24.50, but the base price of the kit is $61, so it works out cheaper.

I should have my head examined getting another Jug, since I have the Hase bubble top with all the bells & whistles, but I want to have the PTO version.

Are the Trumpeter decals OK, or do I need AM versions?

Thanks, Bob, the shipping from Honkers is $24.50, but the base price of the kit is $61, so it works out cheaper.

I should have my head examined getting another Jug, since I have the Hase bubble top with all the bells & whistles, but I want to have the PTO version.

Are the Trumpeter decals OK, or do I need AM versions?

If you're just looking to do a PTO Jug and already have the hasegawa kit, maybe you should consider Passionate Patsy off this superb Zotz sheet http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/zotz/reviews/Zotz32039/zotz32039.htm she's one classy bird!

There's this, but I don't know if it's still in print.

It is. There's the book on Kearby's 348th FG. It's available in paper and hardcover, wonder if there's any difference in quality?

Hi Bill,

Good luck with your Jug/Corsair PTO quest (I find myself beginning to like PTO aircraft more and more these days).

Sounds like there will be no shortage of work for me as far as the Corsair goes, however, I find with this aircraft that knowing where to stop is the problem - by the time you have fixed all of the possible issues, there is very little kit left, so you may as well have a complete new kit that is correct to start with!

regards

Derek

Edited by Derek B