Jump to content
Anthony in NZ

75 Sqn RNZAF Mosquito Detailed Build

Recommended Posts

I.... am.... gobsmacked....
This is phenomenal.
Makes me want to keep my Mozzie in its box forever :lol:
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IainM said:

I.... am.... gobsmacked....
This is phenomenal.
Makes me want to keep my Mozzie in its box forever :lol:
 

LOL, don't do that mate....

Thanks very much, it's been going on and off for a few years now.  Time to kick it in the guts though and make progress.  Appreciate your feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

LOL, don't do that mate....

Thanks very much, it's been going on and off for a few years now.  Time to kick it in the guts though and make progress.  Appreciate your feedback!

It'll  have to stay there until I figure out how best to make a thimble nose for the Mk 12/13 or a bullnose for the Mk30 version, want to do it in a N/F version of 488SQN RNZAF. Until then, I'll quite happily watch your mastery at work!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, IainM said:

It'll  have to stay there until I figure out how best to make a thimble nose for the Mk 12/13 or a bullnose for the Mk30 version, want to do it in a N/F version of 488SQN RNZAF. Until then, I'll quite happily watch your mastery at work!!

Didn't AlleyCat do those conversions for this kit?  Pretty sure they did....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Didn't AlleyCat do those conversions for this kit?  Pretty sure they did....

Nope. Just looked again, nothing there unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hmm, must be out of production,  They used to do these

LmR6rY.jpg

m8aNPX.jpg

A 488 Mossie would be awesome.  Maybe a forum member has one of these sets for sale??

 

Edit: just found they did a XII/XIII as well

 

Cheers Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, IainM said:

Nope. Just looked again, nothing there unfortunately


I’m not sure if I’m misreading the posts above but the Mossie conversions all appear available on Alley Cat’s website including the mk.XII/XIII and a mk.vi with the thimble radome


https://www.alleycatmodels.co.uk/alleycat-aircraft-sets-124-scale-331-c.asp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2020 at 8:47 AM, GDW said:

This is such a wonderful thread to follow! 

 

Earlier today, I read the entire post. I was so absorbed taking it in and enjoying the trip, I didn't hit the like or thank you buttons. I just went back through the entire thread and used the like button as I should have previously. Hopefully Anthony, I didn't annoy you with a cluster of repeating notification sounds! 

 

Looking forward to more. This is LSP at its best. Thanks for sharing your brilliant work here.

 

Greg

Thanks Greg, glad you enjoyed it, sorry about the photobucket pics, I will eventually replace them with Imageshack ones.

LOL, I saw all your likes come through and figured you were making your way through the whole build thread!  No didn't annoy me at all buddy.  Just hope you got something out of it like I do with other peoples posts.

 

LSP is a great place for learning, I wouldnt be able to do half what I do or attempt without the ideas and encouragement from the community here.

Cheers Anthony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, turbo said:

That nose assembly looks fantastic Anthony, very convincing detail!

Thanks buddy!

 

11 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Whoa, DUDE!

 

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark :D

 

Although I think the hard part is yet to come with the cockpit!

 

Thanks everyone.  Planning continues along with a few more surprises of detail sets/parts.....

 

Cheers Anthony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, seiran01 said:

 


I’m not sure if I’m misreading the posts above but the Mossie conversions all appear available on Alley Cat’s website including the mk.XII/XIII and a mk.vi with the thimble radome


https://www.alleycatmodels.co.uk/alleycat-aircraft-sets-124-scale-331-c.asp

Thanks gents, but those sets are all 1/24th scale. I'm needing sets for the 1/32nd Tamiya Mozzie.......:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Hmm, must be out of production,  They used to do these

LmR6rY.jpg

m8aNPX.jpg

A 488 Mossie would be awesome.  Maybe a forum member has one of these sets for sale??

 

Edit: just found they did a XII/XIII as well

 

Cheers Anthony

Thanks Anthony, saw those on their website, but they're 1/24th, the one I want to do is 1/32nd, nothing available on that front...
Nothing like some scratch-building ;)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IainM said:

Thanks Anthony, saw those on their website, but they're 1/24th, the one I want to do is 1/32nd, nothing available on that front...
Nothing like some scratch-building ;)
 

Aaaah oh sorry.....my bad.

 

Yup, looks like some scratchbuilding.  But I have seen your skills and that wont be a problem :goodjob:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...