Revell Typhoon

Bryan

I managed to finish this Typhoon (it was touch and go for a while) :rolleyes: . It is based on the 1/32 Revell kit, with a lot of extra parts and sanding/rescribing.

The build thread is here:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=29893

As with all models (at least all my models) there are a few unresolved errors, but I discovered them so far into things that it would simply have taken too many steps "backward" to fix them. Some of you may spot them, but I am not going to point them out..... :unsure:

I am pretty happy with it overall. Now that it is finished, you can all count on a new state of the art Typhoon kit being released by Trumpeter or someone. You're welcome!

Comments/suggestions/critiques welcome. Thanks for looking!

KGYE7q4.jpg

Zjv1EGP.jpg

rsIKVi7.jpg

lPNRnAa.jpg

Edited by Bryan

Superb, a veritable silk purse!

Man, Andy's right on that one Bryan!

Excellent job on making a VERY good looking (One of the best Tiffies Ive seen) Tiffie out of a not so great (I know, I had and sold the kit) kit.

Brilliant job and a outstanding result!

Cheers,

Brian

My friend, you have officially "nailed it!" Cant add any more than whats been said. After seeing yours, I just might do my "car door". What if any, am parts did you use? Any MDC stuff?.......Harv :thumbsup:

Main wheels are MDC, and they are excellent. I bought the MDC prop but elected just to re-shape the blades on the stock one and used that. The rudder pedals (which will never really be seen) are from the MDC cockpit set. The exhausts are MDC also, and they are very nice pieces.

The other stuff that did not come in the kit were the cannons (made from hypo tubing and springs) and the marking lights on the wings (blocks of clear acrylic). The lenses for the landing lights are model railroad parts.

The cockpit was scratch built with styrene bits and Waldron instruments. The Sutton harness is one of Radu's. The acutating cylinders for the inner gear well doors were made from hypo tubing. Other than those things, there are a few wires, cables, and pipes made from thin solder.

The main challenge in the kit is getting rid of the horrific (to my eye) surface detail that it comes with, and concocting something that looks better. The basic shape is pretty good, but the fit and surface detail is really bad.

Thanks to all for the nice comments.