1/32 Tamiya Spitfire VIII on it's way to stores shortly,

R Palimaka

Was just over on Hypescale and Bob Swaddling (who helped Tamiya with research) just announced that a kit is on it's way to him by courier, but it wasn't an "advanced" copy, because the kits were already at the Canadian distributor's warehouse.

Was just over on Hypescale and Bob Swaddling (who helped Tamiya with research) just announced that a kit is on it's way to him by courier, but it wasn't an "advanced" copy, because the kits were already at the Canadian distributor's warehouse.

I suppose if a person really wanted to confirm this they could contact Borgfeldt and ask. They are the exclusive distributor for all Tamiya products in Canada

Borgfeldt

Owner of our local hobby shop here in Victoria BC called the distrubitor when I asked about this kit. He was told they expect it mid month, but that as of today they had none in stock.

Dave/Ironman1945

From a post I made on ARC on the same topic.

I, too, was told July by my local shop. I was also told that Tamiya Canada(Borgfeld) would not be air-freighting the kits from Japan like they did last time. Usually with new high anticipated Tamiya releases Canada gets them first, see the 1:32 Tamiya Spitfire thread for explanation. Since this is a subsequent and less anticipated release, they are not willing to pay the extra money to get them early.

Ron

Bob was one of the very first to get the Mk IX into his shop, and since he had a very huge hand in the kit's development, why not. I built the Mk IX and you know what, I can't get excited for the Mk VIII for some reason. It's like I climaxed with the IX and I am done... :hmmm: Am I weird...maybe, but I thought I would want to build more, but I don't. :deadhorse:

Cheers

Brad

as the proud owner of the IX kit, i can say i was shocked at the quality of the kit, despite it being bigged up for so long - really does have to be seen in one's hands to be believed

anyhoo, what are the marking options for the VIII? have looked on a number of sites and couldn't find a detailed breakdown / profiles...is this info not out there yet?

cheers

Nick